The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Will 530 in Verbal Reasoning be too low for this year's entry?
Reply 81
Original post by gradmed98

Possibly so. The interim result was 576. You can wait until they release the final data in October to know for sure before applying.
Reply 82
Original post by 548
Possibly so. The interim result was 576. You can wait until they release the final data in October to know for sure before applying.

Its also worth mentioning that the Warwick VR average may be lower or higher than the national average so don't write off applying just based on that. Remember they use a cohort average.
Reply 83
Original post by zoews
Its also worth mentioning that the Warwick VR average may be lower or higher than the national average so don't write off applying just based on that. Remember they use a cohort average.

I could very well be wrong, but I was under the impression that you have to score higher than the UCAT VR average?

From the Warwick site:
"Our first round of selection therefore identifies those with a verbal reasoning score at or above the mean for the cohort sitting UCAT in the year of application."
Reply 84
Original post by 548
I could very well be wrong, but I was under the impression that you have to score higher than the UCAT VR average?

From the Warwick site:
"Our first round of selection therefore identifies those with a verbal reasoning score at or above the mean for the cohort sitting UCAT in the year of application."

You do but they use the cohort mean not the national mean, meaning that they use the average VR score of everyone applying to Warwick not the national average so it may be different!
Hey, have you used your experiences as a student as work experience? I'm unsure whether we can do this as I am a student ODP, at the open day he said it was fine butnon the website it says student experiences are not *usually* accepted... confused now!
Original post by zoews
You do but they use the cohort mean not the national mean, meaning that they use the average VR score of everyone applying to Warwick not the national average so it may be different!

How do you know that it only applies to the people applying to Warwick? The entry requirements 548 quoted explicitly refers to the "cohort sitting UCAT" i.e. national average

I am guessing the same. I got 560 for VR.

Messed up so bad
Reply 88
Original post by zoews

Original post by UCAT2020
How do you know that it only applies to the people applying to Warwick? The entry requirements 548 quoted explicitly refers to the "cohort sitting UCAT" i.e. national average

I think it may be best that we get in contact to reassure ourselves.
Original post by Chloe.281
Hey, have you used your experiences as a student as work experience? I'm unsure whether we can do this as I am a student ODP, at the open day he said it was fine butnon the website it says student experiences are not *usually* accepted... confused now!

You can add it in, regardless, amongst your other experience. Shouldn't do much harm.
Reply 89
Original post by UCAT2020

It's what they said at the open day I attended and by cohort they mean the cohort (group) applying to Warwick. I would get in contact with them to get confirmation though but I'm pretty sure that's what it means.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by zoews
It's what they said at the open day I attended and by cohort they mean the cohort (group) applying to Warwick. I would get in contact with them to get confirmation though but I'm pretty sure that's what it means.

So, in essence, 50% of the Warwick applicants will fail to proceed at the time of the UCAT results being forwarded to WMS? Whereas, if it was the national average, notionally 100% of the applicants could still be in contention if the entire Warwick applicant cohort scored above the national mean in VR? Is that where we are at :smile:
(edited 4 years ago)
Heyyy, I am applying for A101 medicine at Warwick this year (also applying A100 Leicester, A100 Sheffield and A106 Manchester) 😊

My stats:

Final year Physician Associate student at the university of Birmingham

BSc degree - 1st class biomedical science

A Levels - A* biology A chemistry B physics

GCSE - 3A* 4A 1B 1C

Work experience - approx 800 hours

UCAT - 2820 (average 705)

Hoping for some interviews and offers 😭🙏🏼
Original post by anonfuturemedic
Heyyy, I am applying for A101 medicine at Warwick this year (also applying A100 Leicester, A100 Sheffield and A106 Manchester) 😊

My stats:

GCSE - 3A* 4A 1B 1C

With you experience and score i am quite certaij you will get in for medicine. Best of luck
With you experience and score i am quite certain you will get in for medicine
Reply 94

My stats:

GCSE - 3A* 4A 1B 1C

Have u recorded every single hours while u were shadowing at clinic or hospital?
Original post by A_S2
Have u recorded every single hours while u were shadowing at clinic or hospital?

I’ve just recorded it separately for each placement. I’ve done 4 placements so 4 references - 550 hours general med, 50 hours general practice, 120 hours OBG and 120 hours psychiatry!
Reply 96
I’ve just recorded it separately for each placement. I’ve done 4 placements so 4 references - 550 hours general med, 50 hours general practice, 120 hours OBG and 120 hours psychiatry!

Well done you but actually uni's won't look at how many hours u done, they mostly do care about what you learnt out of it
Original post by A_S2
Well done you but actually uni's won't look at how many hours u done, they mostly do care about what you learnt out of it

I know the number of hours do not matter. I’m just submitting everything I’ve done over the last year. I have reflected on my experience in my personal statement and will at interview if I get one 😊
Hey! I am applying to warwick A101
stats:
2.1 biomed
A*AA a levels (not relevant)
700 UCAT, band 2 - 740 VR, 560 DM (Screwed me over last year too), 780 QR, 720 AR
1 year experience working as a carer, plenty shadowing experience
(edited 4 years ago)
Hi. Does anyone know how soon after the UCAS deadline we need to submit our proof of work experience?

Latest

Trending

Trending