Hey...how's it going? :smile:
dafunkyguy
Hey...how's it going? :smile:

pretty good, thanks^.:yep:
how's school today?
Original post by &#34183
pretty good, thanks^.:yep:
how's school today?

School was fine today...but it's a bit boring.

I added some stuff to my signature. Enjoy! :yep:
Eric Qin
hi, guy
good evening...

Hey Eric...how's it going? It seems like you're WAY more active than before.

Why did you get negative reputation? What did you write?
dafunkyguy
Hey Eric...how's it going? It seems like you're WAY more active than before.

Why did you get negative reputation? What did you write?

I just have some questions on the relationship between US and England.
Then those guys began to critisize China and do something stupid, including vituperating.
Don't you think that's very ridiculous and thoes guys are really lowly educated. But im really happy to see a crowd of idiots, this shows the advancement of China :smile:
Eric Qin
Then those guys began to critisize China and do something stupid, including vituperating.
Don't you think that's very ridiculous and thoes guys are really lowly educated. But im really happy to see a crowd of idiots, this shows the advancement of China :smile:

Ah well...some people here at TSR are ignorant. Just ignore them...and just let them criticize China. They don't even know what our culture is about. All they know is their Western culture and way of life. Luckily...I know both! :biggrin:
dafunkyguy
Ah well...some people here at TSR are ignorant. Just ignore them...and just let them criticize China. They don't even know what our culture is about. All they know is their Western culture and way of life. Luckily...I know both! :biggrin:

Obama knows 3 or 4, even indonesia, but excluding Chinese culture, i guess :smile:
@dafunkyguy
I strongly remommand that we should let more topics to be talked here, eg. Chinese large aircraft, Chinese pop songs, Chinese GDP growth rate, the advancement and backward fields of China, Taiwan issue, Chinese football team, Yao Ming, Chinese dialects, Chinese Culture, Overseas Chinese ect.
In this way this society will be more attractive and rich.
And you should be a littel bit active, maybe.
dafunkyguy
School was fine today...but it's a bit boring.

I added some stuff to my signature. Enjoy! :yep:

hey, i've listened all of them.great!:yep: and "HOME MADE Kazoku's PV ~ [NO RAIN NO RAINBOW]" is my favorite.:biggrin:
dafunkyguy

it reminds me of the doubt whether chinese people are ,to some extend, biased by westerners? is that only because they feel superior as the white or due to some twisted knowledge broadcasted by western media and the disagreement on a few of chinese government policies? then how should the chinese people living in the west responde to the bias and prejudice or even the race discrimination? how's the situation in canada?:smile:
@薇薇公主
You have just 2 choices in contacting with them.
1. Talking about cooperation
2. Warfare
Reply 1692
Eric Qin

Why is it always bad to critisise China? In order to prove the country, governments must hear critisism to improve themselves, when there is no free press in China, the CCP has no challengers and can brainwash the people to believe what they want, this is the only way they can stay in power.

You said that British and Americans should not critisise China about human rights because in the past these countries abused human rights too. In the past, China was also abusing human rights but today it continues to do it. Britain and America have changed and the government respects their citizens' rights but I cannot say that China does.

Yesterday, Obama was voted by Americans as the next president and it represented the true beauty of the free world - do you not think that it is beautiful that Americans voted democratically choose their next government, where people are not afraid to give their opinions about the government, where the free press is not controlled by government to express a biased opinion?

China has a long way to becoming advanced. Firstly. the CCP should not be able to control the media and establish free press, this will allow the people to make their own opinions like people in the free world instead of being spoon-fed like children. Then, democracy will allow the people to express their opinions about the government by free voting where no one is scared to vote against the CCP.

Not only is a free China good for the human rights of the people but it is also good for the economy. Do you think that a one-party government which likes to label itself 'Communist' (surely this is just the party's self-justification) is more attractive to rich foreign investors than a free country that has respect for human rights? It is understood that China's economy is now growing very quickly with the highest economic growth in the world but this this is just a 'catching-up' phase, in the 50s and 60s the communists' isolationism and low economic freedom drove away foreign investment and denied the people of enjoying a higher living standard.

As Chinese people become more educated, and as China's economy becomes more integrated with the rest of the world they can only hope that political change follows, otherwise foreign investors will see democratic and free countries such as Brazil and India as more attractive and safer alternatives.

Original post by &#34183
it reminds me of the doubt whether chinese people are ,to some extend, biased by westerners? is that only because they feel superior as the white or due to some twisted knowledge broadcasted by western media and the disagreement on a few of chinese government policies? then how should the chinese people living in the west responde to the bias and prejudice or even the race discrimination? how's the situation in canada?:smile:

You ask if Westerners are biased but you do not question if mainland-Chinese are biased?

I agree that there are many things that Westerners do not understand, but we have a free press where people can critisise their government as much as they want, uncensored internet to access any website, newspapers which have different opinions issues.

In China, opponents of the government have been arrested and even killed (Tiananmen Square, 4th June 1989), websites which 'expose' the 'secrets' of CCP's past such as Tiananmen Incident are censored, the biased newspapers are abused as a way to censor any news that is highly critical of the CCP and journalists are afraid to express an anti-government stance.

As a Chinese living in Britain, I do not think that there is much racism in Britain, sure there is always the uneducated, underclass of society who will say things to hurt you but this is a very small number of people (I can count the number of racist attacks I have received on one hand). You should also understand that people are not against China's government because they are racist but because they want to see a free China where the CCP can stop abusing its citizens. This is a worrying problem of nationalism because many Chinese feel that they are being critisised because they are Chinese but in fact, they are being critisised because they support the communist government.
Eric Qin
Obama knows 3 or 4, even indonesia, but excluding Chinese culture, i guess :smile:

Well...we aren't really talking about Obama...but sure? :confused:
Eric Qin
@dafunkyguy
I strongly remommand that we should let more topics to be talked here, eg. Chinese large aircraft, Chinese pop songs, Chinese GDP growth rate, the advancement and backward fields of China, Taiwan issue, Chinese football team, Yao Ming, Chinese dialects, Chinese Culture, Overseas Chinese ect.
In this way this society will be more attractive and rich.
And you should be a littel bit active, maybe.

Well...we shouldn't put politics into here...it's going to be chaotic and the thread could possibly be closed due to arguments and stuff...so I definitely do not want that.

As for leisure talking...that's fine with me...but don't bring in things that would ruin this thread. We don't want it to be locked. :smile:
Original post by &#34183
hey, i've listened all of them.great!:yep: and "HOME MADE Kazoku's PV ~ [NO RAIN NO RAINBOW]" is my favorite.:biggrin:

Haha...you actually liked that one? I thought you would like the one from 中島美嘉 or 嵐! :eek:
Original post by &#34183

I don't know...there's so many things to it...like the lead in the toys made in China, the foods that contain melamine, the patriotism and nationalism in China, human rights and freedoms; those things are always blamed towards the Chinese government. However...I don't want to discuss it in this thread...it's going to cause problems again.

The Western media is always biased towards the Chinese government...it's been like that ever since the Chinese invasion of Tibet. They always view us as the bad guys...and now...this is the result. Hatred towards Chinese people. I don't even bother arguing with them...it's so stupid...because they don't know anything about Chinese culture. They think they know it all...but in fact...they are too ignorant and they misinterpret everything. I guess it's just this culture difference that separates us from them.

In Canada...it isn't that bad...but in the US and other parts of the world, China is viewed as a bad guy. Of course, not as bad as Iraq or Iran...but you get my point.

However...I must say...the media in mainland China is also biased...but I guess both are on opposite ends of the political spectrum. We should all neutralize the story contents and not be biased at all...but of course...that's impossible in today's society.
@Hanoi
CCP? The right spelling is CPC!
You know nothing about China, you guys accuse China of trampling human rights, ok, pleas give me the reasons. You never told the details.
Why all countries in the world should follow Amercian type's Democray?
That's not trampling the human rights when the west force all countries in the world have the same political system with them?
I can find many wrongness in every of your sentences.
The media of west were all invested by goverment or merchant, they were also controled by the gov. Then you didn't see so many fake reports abou China?
The amercian system also has many problems. The candidates meet and cater to the voters, the real CHANGE is always a long term, a long term plan sometimes will hurt the short-term profits, all american citizen have the wisdom to distinguish?
And in China there are many parties, my former uni president from Zhi Gong Party(not CPC) is now the minister of Science and Technology. You should firstly respect chinese constitution, then telling other how a gov should respect its people. The most powerful insitute in China is People's congress, the representatves are elected by people.
China relys on the trade of exports and imports, but don't forget China has a large market.
You said CPC brainwash its people, how don't you think the so called democracy washed your brain?
A beautiful word, but it doesn't belong to west. Our democracy muss be greater.

Lastly, let's not talk these topics in this thread, if not, some morons will close it.
Eric Qin
@Hanoi
CCP? The right spelling is CPC!
You know nothing about China, you guys accuse China of trampling human rights, ok, pleas give me the reasons. You never told the details.
Why all countries in the world should follow Amercian type's Democray?
That's not trampling the human rights when the west force all countries in the world have the same political system with them?
I can find many wrongness in every of your sentences.
The media of west were all invested by goverment or merchant, they were also controled by the gov. Then you didn't see so many fake reports abou China?
The amercian system also has many problems. The candidates meet and cater to the voters, the real CHANGE is always a long term, a long term plan sometimes will hurt the short-term profits, all american citizen have the wisdom to distinguish?
And in China there are many parties, my former uni president from Zhi Gong Party(not CPC) is now the minister of Science and Technology. You should firstly respect chinese constitution, then telling other how a gov should respect its people. The most powerful insitute in China is People's congress, the representatves are elected by people.
China relys on the trade of exports and imports, but don't forget China has a large market.
You said CPC brainwash its people, how don't you think the so called democracy washed your brain?
A beautiful word, but it doesn't belong to west. Our democracy muss be greater.

Lastly, let's not talk these topics in this thread, if not, some morons will close it.

Hey...you shouldn't say that to Hanoi! After all, I do agree with him. He does know the Chinese point of the view and the Western point of view...so don't blame him all of a sudden.

Don't misinterpret what he says. I guess you sort of assumed what he just said. Though China may have its wrong ways, he didn't mean to make you so mad...so just calm down.
Hanoi

You ask if Westerners are biased but you do not question if mainland-Chinese are biased?

I agree that there are many things that Westerners do not understand, but we have a free press where people can critisise their government as much as they want, uncensored internet to access any website, newspapers which have different opinions issues.

In China, opponents of the government have been arrested and even killed (Tiananmen Square, 4th June 1989), websites which 'expose' the 'secrets' of CCP's past such as Tiananmen Incident are censored, the biased newspapers are abused as a way to censor any news that is highly critical of the CCP and journalists are afraid to express an anti-government stance.

As a Chinese living in Britain, I do not think that there is much racism in Britain, sure there is always the uneducated, underclass of society who will say things to hurt you but this is a very small number of people (I can count the number of racist attacks I have received on one hand). You should also understand that people are not against China's government because they are racist but because they want to see a free China where the CCP can stop abusing its citizens. This is a worrying problem of nationalism because many Chinese feel that they are being critisised because they are Chinese but in fact, they are being critisised because they support the communist government.

Hi, Hanoi
thanks for ur reply that enriches my knowledge on this issue. :smile: as dafunkyguy said, it may lead to lock of the thread, so i won't say more about it here but i think there're still some things needed to be discussed in this case, which, however, doesn't mean that i disagree with u.:biggrin: btw, when i said "it reminds me of the doubt whether chinese people are ,to some extend, biased by westerners? ", i meant both chinese living in china and those living in the west. i'm sorry if that caused ur misunderstanding because of my poor english.:p:

Quick Reply

Latest