endcliffe or ranmoor? Watch

Oncilla
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
what are the pros and cons of both? what have people chosen and why? i haven't been on an open day so i don't know much. i wish they more 360 room tours like other unis offer lol.

i like that there seems to be more going on in endcliffe, but i'm not the biggest partier so i might not fit in and enjoy all the noise. what are the quietest flats in endcliffe (i assume further away from the edge)? or am i better going to ranmoor.

also ranmoor is further out, but not by much so does it make that much difference?

also is it worth the extra money to have an ensuite?

ALSO isn't there a fitness suite in ranmoor? do people use that, even from endcliffe? or do people go elsewhere?

ok i need to revise now or i won't even get in to sheffield
Last edited by Oncilla; 1 month ago
Mynxas
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Endcliffe's is more lively since there's a bar?, I can't remember, but that also means the noise tend to drag on into late nights though of course not all faults lie in the bars since occasionally flatmates do tend to be up and about till late into the night, but I think after few months people calm down.

Ranmoor has better looking kitchens from what I heard, I can't remember from open day, but its in a quieter area so you get your own alone time whenever needed. The walk over to Endcliffe isn't much, so if you prefer quieter blocks you can live in Ranmoor and just walk over.

Personally, I think the extra money for Ensuite is worth since there are times where I need the toilet at odd hours but overall it's up to your own preferences.
emily.vaile
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I currently live in Endcliffe and I don't know a single person who doesn't love it. Theres the edge bar and cafe which are pretty popular for watching football and movies. Ranmoor is a lot quieter than Endcliffe partly due to its reputation as "quiet" and also it being slightly smaller. I can't comment really on the differences of having an ensuite versus not but I love mine! There is a free fitness suit in Ranmoor which is open 24/7 and is about a 5 minute walk uphill from Endcliffe. In my flat its about 50/50 split between this gym and the sport sheffield gym which is about 15 minutes away. This costs around £30 a month for term time use. I think if you do join certain sports teams you get access for free as part of your fitness. If you have any more questions im happy to answer them!
(Original post by Oncilla)
what are the pros and cons of both? what have people chosen and why? i haven't been on an open day so i don't know much. i wish they more 360 room tours like other unis offer lol.

i like that there seems to be more going on in endcliffe, but i'm not the biggest partier so i might not fit in and enjoy all the noise. what are the quietest flats in endcliffe (i assume further away from the edge)? or am i better going to ranmoor.

also ranmoor is further out, but not by much so does it make that much difference?

also is it worth the extra money to have an ensuite?

ALSO isn't there a fitness suite in ranmoor? do people use that, even from endcliffe? or do people go elsewhere?

ok i need to revise now or i won't even get in to sheffield
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by emily.vaile)
I currently live in Endcliffe and I don't know a single person who doesn't love it. Theres the edge bar and cafe which are pretty popular for watching football and movies. Ranmoor is a lot quieter than Endcliffe partly due to its reputation as "quiet" and also it being slightly smaller. I can't comment really on the differences of having an ensuite versus not but I love mine! There is a free fitness suit in Ranmoor which is open 24/7 and is about a 5 minute walk uphill from Endcliffe. In my flat its about 50/50 split between this gym and the sport sheffield gym which is about 15 minutes away. This costs around £30 a month for term time use. I think if you do join certain sports teams you get access for free as part of your fitness. If you have any more questions im happy to answer them!
Hi I was wondering if you knew anything about broad lane court, in the city accommodation?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Moe_00
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'm not exactly sure where the room I picked is. Just fit my criteria and price range so went for it. I think it's in Endcliffe but I thought they were both on the same site as the website had them both together.
emily.vaile
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi,

I dont know anybody in Broad Lane but the people who I know that live in the other city blocks really like it because its easy to get to uni and its really close to west street for nights out
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi I was wondering if you knew anything about broad lane court, in the city accommodation?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 6 Jul '19
    Sat, 7 Sep '19
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

What was the hardest A-level paper of 2019?

Edexcel Maths paper 1 (62)
21.91%
Edexcel Maths paper 2 (97)
34.28%
AQA Chemistry Paper 2 (59)
20.85%
Edexcel Maths Paper 3 (28)
9.89%
AQA Physics Paper 3 (37)
13.07%

Watched Threads