did i just make a very arrogant mistake? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
At my school we're at the stage at which weve selected our hoodies colour,name etc. However, a girl has the same name as me and she put the name on the back of her hoodie. As im head girl for my school, I wrote 'Head Girl' at the back which is known as a nickname by which im referred to by teacher but not really students. Am I being too arrogant?
Passwordisyou
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
LMAO that really made me laugh. It does look a bit dickish walking around school like that.
(Original post by Anonymous)
At my school we're at the stage at which weve selected our hoodies colour,name etc. However, a girl has the same name as me and she put the name on the back of her hoodie. As im head girl for my school, I wrote 'Head Girl' at the back which is known as a nickname by which im referred to by teacher but not really students. Am I being too arrogant?
ChickenMadness
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Should have made it Head ***** in Charge instead. (HBIC)

lmao.
markova21
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
You made the same post last week, or the week before.
Anthos
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I've seen this kind of thread before. I don't think there are many people in this situation, so it is the same OP? I mean, it isn't everyday I see a person worrying about what text is on the back of their hoodie and posting it on a student forum intended for both revision and procrastination.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Passwordisyou)
LMAO that really made me laugh. It does look a bit dickish walking around school like that.
Would you recommend what I should put at the back instead? I was thinking of writing my name and the initial of my surname but the girl has the same as me
Anonymous #1
(Original post by markova21)
You made the same post last week, or the week before.
I only made a tsr account last week
Spoiler:
Show

KieronIX
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Loads of people have the same name... Who cares and why does it bother you? Just put what you want but, in my opinion, I'd just have your name.
(Original post by Anonymous)
Would you recommend what I should put at the back instead? I was thinking of writing my name and the initial of my surname but the girl has the same as me
Ciel.
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
You keep making these threads. Are you a ****ing fetishist, or something?
Zabidoo
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Not arrogant at all...a girl at my school did the exact same thing
Ciel.
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5893936
Sometimes you change your gender, too, the **** is wrong with you?????
Ciel.
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5892390
Another one
Anthos
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
OP, you've been completely exposed by Ciel.
Notoriety
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Curious that Ciel. pays so close attention to these moronic threads.
Anonymous #1
Oh Danny boy the pipes the pipes are callingFrom glen to glen and down the mountain sideThe summer's gone and all the flowers dying'Tis you 'tis you must go and I must bideBut come ye back when summer's in the meadowOr when the valley's hushed and white with snow'Tis I'll be here in sunshine or in shadowOh Danny boy oh Danny boy I love you soBut when ye come and all the roses fallingAnd I am dead as dead I well may beGo out and find the place where I am lyingAnd kneel and say an ave there for meAnd I will hear tho' soft you tread above meAnd then my grave will warm and sweeter beFor you shall bend and tell me that you love meAnd I will sleep in peace until you come to me
Ciel.
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Notoriety)
Curious that Ciel. pays so close attention to these moronic threads.
I can spot all these ****ing perverts from a mile away. And they send me into a murderous rage. Every time.
lily0293
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Honestly, not a big deal at all, be confident in your decisions!
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Ciel.)
I can spot all these ****ing perverts from a mile away. And they send me into a murderous rage. Every time.
to search

For other uses, see Romeo and Juliet (disambiguation).

An 1870 oil painting by Ford Madox Brown depicting the play's famous balcony scene

"Romeo and Juliet: Act I"
Menu0:00
The opening act of Romeo and Juliet.See also: Acts II, III, IV, V
Problems playing this file? See media help.
Romeo and Juliet is a tragedy written by William Shakespeare early in his career about two young star-crossed lovers whose deaths ultimately reconcile their feuding families. It was among Shakespeare's most popular plays during his lifetime and along with Hamlet, is one of his most frequently performed plays. Today, the title characters are regarded as archetypal young lovers.
Romeo and Juliet belongs to a tradition of tragic romances stretching back to antiquity. The plot is based on an Italian tale translated into verse as The Tragical History of Romeus and Juliet by Arthur Brooke in 1562 and retold in prose in Palace of Pleasure by William Painter in 1567. Shakespeare borrowed heavily from both but expanded the plot by developing a number of supporting characters, particularly Mercutio and Paris. Believed to have been written between 1591 and 1595, the play was first published in a quarto version in 1597. The text of the first quarto version was of poor quality, however, and later editions corrected the text to conform more closely with Shakespeare's original.
Shakespeare's use of his poetic dramatic structure (especially effects such as switching between comedy and tragedy to heighten tension, his expansion of minor characters, and his use of sub-plots to embellish the story) has been praised as an early sign of his dramatic skill. The play ascribes different poetic forms to different characters, sometimes changing the form as the character develops. Romeo, for example, grows more adept at the sonnet over the course of the play.
Romeo and Juliet has been adapted numerous times for stage, film, musical, and opera venues. During the English Restoration, it was revived and heavily revised by William Davenant. David Garrick's 18th-century version also modified several scenes, removing material then considered indecent, and Georg Benda's Romeo und Julie omitted much of the action and added a happy ending. Performances in the 19th century, including Charlotte Cushman's, restored the original text and focused on greater realism. John Gielgud's 1935 version kept very close to Shakespeare's text and used Elizabethan costumes and staging to enhance the drama. In the 20th and into the 21st century, the play has been adapted in versions as diverse as George Cukor's 1936 film Romeo and Juliet, Franco Zeffirelli's 1968 version Romeo and Juliet, and Baz Luhrmann's 1996 MTV-inspired Romeo + Juliet.
Notoriety
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Ciel.)
Do you want a hug, baba?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by lily0293)
Honestly, not a big deal at all, be confident in your decisions!
thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (21)
23.86%
No (67)
76.14%

Watched Threads