Can vegans eat non certified food? Watch

clydiecreese
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Basically I’m a vegan and as I’m on a budget, if I buy a specific vegan certified food with the Vegan badge it’s quite expensive. Where as if I buy a food that I’ve looked on my”doublecheckvegan.com” website and it states there is no animal derived products but does not have the vegan logo can I still eat it?
Apachecow
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
They are your rules, do what you wan't.
OctoberRain7
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Yep it should still be completely fine, not all vegan foods have the logo
Edeniris23
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Most vegan food actually doesn't have a clear vegan label on the packaging but is still totally okay to eat 😊 you just have to get used to scanning the ingredients of products and within time this will become second nature, saves massive amounts of time so you don't have to constantly be looking up products online! I really recommend having a look at the page accidentally vegan on Instagram - and also in terms of being vegan on a budget an amazing new cookbook has just come out called vegan one pound meals that you might find helpful!
clydiecreese
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Thank you so much! Will deffo look into this
(Original post by Edeniris23)
Most vegan food actually doesn't have a clear vegan label on the packaging but is still totally okay to eat 😊 you just have to get used to scanning the ingredients of products and within time this will become second nature, saves massive amounts of time so you don't have to constantly be looking up products online! I really recommend having a look at the page accidentally vegan on Instagram - and also in terms of being vegan on a budget an amazing new cookbook has just come out called vegan one pound meals that you might find helpful!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (35)
7.22%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (287)
59.18%
No (163)
33.61%

Watched Threads