JackDemetriou
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
I am looking for accommodation, in the Glasgow area for and around Startclyde and Caledonian universities. what is best for a first year student, private studnet accommodation or go with the accommodation from the said unis? I have seen accommodation which is better value than the accommodation provided by the unis but I want to make the best informed decision, as I am moving away from home alone, and want to make my best start as a first year student. Which is best for me and what did you do as a first year?
University of Strathclyde Student Ambassador
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Hi JackDemetriou,

Most of our students stay on campus in their first year and make friends in halls. They will then go into private accommodation in their second year with friends in their course or friends they have shared a flat with on campus. Though there is private accommodation available in the city centre, students do prefer the halls experience in first year.

Here's a link to the accommodation available on campus:
https://www.strath.ac.uk/studywithus...accommodation/

Alternatively, you may find this link useful:
https://www.strath.ac.uk/workwithus/...tioninglasgow/

If you have any further questions then just let me know!

Melissa- Student Ambassador
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Strathclyde
    We offer over 200 undergraduate courses across Humanities and Social Sciences, Business, Science and Engineering. All four areas will be represented at our Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 5 Oct '19

It is really important for me to be involved in helping make my university better

Strongly disagree (5)
9.62%
Disagree (4)
7.69%
Neither agree or disagree (15)
28.85%
Agree (18)
34.62%
Strongly Agree (10)
19.23%

Watched Threads

Latest