The Student Room Group

Saas - has put "rejected" on my application for funding 2019?

I don't understand why it has come up rejected for my funding application I put in? They haven't given me any reason why they have said it's been rejected it just says assessed on application then under it says rejected for tuition, bursary and loan :/

I have done part time fee funding before, I've however never studied a course at college as a full time course, somehow I was under the impression I should have been eligible for funding?
People have told me that I may not be entitled to the tuition fee funding. But I should still have been entitled to a loan / bursary for the course because I've never had one before?

I just don't understand why they haven't given a reason? I'm going to phone them, but I don't know if this is because I didn't include supporting evidence? I didn't really find it was suitable to attach any in my specific application.

I literally only put the application in two days ago or so.

I think it only really gives the option to appeal this, and you can't apply again for funding for this year I think :/ how odd. Can anyone advise me on this?
Original post by mazexplorer
I don't understand why it has come up rejected for my funding application I put in? They haven't given me any reason why they have said it's been rejected it just says assessed on application then under it says rejected for tuition, bursary and loan :/

I have done part time fee funding before, I've however never studied a course at college as a full time course, somehow I was under the impression I should have been eligible for funding?
People have told me that I may not be entitled to the tuition fee funding. But I should still have been entitled to a loan / bursary for the course because I've never had one before?

I just don't understand why they haven't given a reason? I'm going to phone them, but I don't know if this is because I didn't include supporting evidence? I didn't really find it was suitable to attach any in my specific application.

I literally only put the application in two days ago or so.

I think it only really gives the option to appeal this, and you can't apply again for funding for this year I think :/ how odd. Can anyone advise me on this?

You are following the obvious course of action, which is to get someone there to look up the reasons why you were rejected and explain them to you. Anything else is just guessing at the moment.
I am in a similar situation, as I have applied via saas for tuition fees and a student loan, which i was given the tuition fees but was rejected for the loans, this is my first year for applying to college or uni to do a HND, and I have tried to phone them but due to current pandemic it is a voicemail you leave or contact them via social media, which they haven't responded to.
Reply 3
Have they responded to you yet?
Original post by _RCLW
Have they responded to you yet?

Yeah, they have and I got my answer, because I'm from the EU but I've lived in Scotland for 14 years (more than half my life) and I have the uk settled status

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending