The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Weird question.

Are you asking for coming out stories to reassure yourself? There will be many.

Otherwise, you're trying to imagine how teenagers (mostly) would carry out their parenting in 20 years' time. I think few will be prepared to give a substantial or meaningful answer.
Original post by Anonymous
And you thought they were all that time.

This question may have different answers based on generations. Some would abandon the person, others will accept them. It depends and also varies based on religion, since some religions see it as a grave sin.
Love and support them unconditionally just like my mum did for me
would literally make no difference whatsoever
Reply 5
Original post by Gent2324
would literally make no difference whatsoever

Nice to hear:smile:
Reply 6
Makes sense!
Thank you
Original post by Notoriety
Weird question.

Are you asking for coming out stories to reassure yourself? There will be many.

Otherwise, you're trying to imagine how teenagers (mostly) would carry out their parenting in 20 years' time. I think few will be prepared to give a substantial or meaningful answer.
Reply 7
Aww you are so so lucky:smile: x
Original post by CoolCavy
Love and support them unconditionally just like my mum did for me
Reply 8
Yes, I'm pretty sure Christian/Jew/Muslim parents more than likely abandon their children if they found out:frown:
It is sad, hopefully one day things will change:smile:
Thank you
Original post by Wired_1800
This question may have different answers based on generations. Some would abandon the person, others will accept them. It depends and also varies based on religion, since some religions see it as a grave sin.
Aww you are so so lucky:smile: x

Definitely
Is very sad that her reaction is often not the case for others. I hope if it is you that is contemplating coming out that it goes as well as it did for me :hugs:
Reply 10
Wouldn't make a difference. A) I can't talk about being straight and B) why would it matter?

Frankly as I struggle with infertility, I'm hardly going to be unhappy with the child I get.
Accept them and reassure them that it’s fine! I’d never want my children to feel like they couldn’t come out to me. Mainly because I don’t feel like I could come out to my own parents, and I don’t think I ever will lol.
Oh. I'm really sorry to hear that! :frown:
Original post by katf
Wouldn't make a difference. A) I can't talk about being straight and B) why would it matter?

Frankly as I struggle with infertility, I'm hardly going to be unhappy with the child I get.
I'm pansexual so I wouldn't give a damn. It would be hypocritical of me.

My family have supported me and I'd do the same for a child.
Reply 14
nothing it doesn't change anything
I would cry...I am more accepting of other people but when it comes to your own child 🤨but at the end off the day I would accept and support he or she
(edited 4 years ago)
Throw a party
So nice to hear that!
Original post by sinfonietta
I'm pansexual so I wouldn't give a damn. It would be hypocritical of me.

My family have supported me and I'd do the same for a child.
I simply said .. I love you ...always have, always will ...and gave my 16 yr old son a huge hug and kiss.
Love is totally unconditional ... I am an immensely proud parent x
Support them
Don't make them feel left out
even if u fell uncomfortable with it
but you know when your kid grows he will start to make a life for himself
probably live his own life away from home so u wont be affected but having a bond between him and you
is essential

And you thought they were all that time.

Latest

Trending

Trending