Emelia1
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi can I get advise on what to do. So I ordered items from fashion nova with £170 and my neighbour signed for them but is refusing she received my parcel. I was away for a week and had to leave without the parcel because they took too long to arrive. However after 6 weeks of waiting I checked on the yodel tracking site and the parcel was out for delivery. I went on their chat to ask them if they could get in contact with their driver and tell them to return the parcel to the depot and I will pick it up but I was told their drivers do not carry mobile phones.Later on the tracking update said that my parcel had been delivered to my neighbour in the next flat. The woman who lives in the flat is a crack addict and I barely speak to her. When I got home someone had tried to break into my flat and the door was damaged badly. I knocked on her door and asked for my parcel but she said she didn't have it. Her boyfriend came to the door and kicked off calling me all sorts of names and he closed the door in my face. Immediately I suspected them of trying to break into my flat. I called the police and they said an officer will call in the next day. When the officer turned up they asked her about the parcel but again she said she knew nothing about it. The officers couldn't do much and I was left with no parcel and a bill to fix my door. The neighbours are drug users and the woman is fat she isn't gonna fit in the clothes anyway. I'm really disappointed because this is someone who lives right next to me but they felt comfortable to steal from me. If anybody knows who I need to speak to in order to get my money back or a refund.
Levi23317
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Trick em. Say if you give me my parcel ill give ya some crack. Oldest trick in the book. (Tbh theyve probably sold the clothes for some crack).
username3944482
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
tbh if you put in the delivery instructions to deliver to the neighbors if your not home not much you can do however if you did not you can complain and maybe get a refund
(Original post by Emelia1)
Hi can I get advise on what to do. So I ordered items from fashion nova with £170 and my neighbour signed for them but is refusing she received my parcel. I was away for a week and had to leave without the parcel because they took too long to arrive. However after 6 weeks of waiting I checked on the yodel tracking site and the parcel was out for delivery. I went on their chat to ask them if they could get in contact with their driver and tell them to return the parcel to the depot and I will pick it up but I was told their drivers do not carry mobile phones.Later on the tracking update said that my parcel had been delivered to my neighbour in the next flat. The woman who lives in the flat is a crack addict and I barely speak to her. When I got home someone had tried to break into my flat and the door was damaged badly. I knocked on her door and asked for my parcel but she said she didn't have it. Her boyfriend came to the door and kicked off calling me all sorts of names and he closed the door in my face. Immediately I suspected them of trying to break into my flat. I called the police and they said an officer will call in the next day. When the officer turned up they asked her about the parcel but again she said she knew nothing about it. The officers couldn't do much and I was left with no parcel and a bill to fix my door. The neighbours are drug users and the woman is fat she isn't gonna fit in the clothes anyway. I'm really disappointed because this is someone who lives right next to me but they felt comfortable to steal from me. If anybody knows who I need to speak to in order to get my money back or a refund.
Neilos
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Have you tried speaking to the company that you bought the clothes from?
IWMTom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Your contract is with the retailer, not the courier.

Until the goods are in your possession, the retailer is still liable - you can contact them and they should resolve the issue.
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yodel and Hermes are notorious for doing this.
Here is some advice from Which?
https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rig...nies-having-it
Anonymous #1
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by IWMTom)
Your contract is with the retailer, not the courier.

Until the goods are in your possession, the retailer is still liable - you can contact them and they should resolve the issue.
But what if the courier has proof (i.e. a signature) to say that it has been received?

I had a problem like this wth an amazon delivery, but the card they left said they had left the parcel with a neighbour but didn't specify an address (and there are about 40 flats in my building). I had also specifically said on my delivery details that I did not want the parcel to be delivered to a neighbour. I did get a refund in that case, but I did send them a photo of the card and also a screen shot with my instructions for the courier, so they kind of didn't have a choice.
IWMTom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
But what if the courier has proof (i.e. a signature) to say that it has been received?

I had a problem like this wth an amazon delivery, but the card they left said they had left the parcel with a neighbour but didn't specify an address (and there are about 40 flats in my building). I had also specifically said on my delivery details that I did not want the parcel to be delivered to a neighbour. I did get a refund in that case, but I did send them a photo of the card and also a screen shot with my instructions for the courier, so they kind of didn't have a choice.
Unless you nominated that neighbour and provided specific instructions that the parcel could be left with them, the retailer is still liable.

As for Amazon, they have some of the best Customer Service in the world - they'd sort out any problems like this taking your word for it. Speaking as an ex-Amazon driver, the app isn't fantastic and your notes are often not displayed; there's actually a button somewhere in your account settings you need to press to opt-out of deliveries to neighbours - your notes aren't enough.
username3774332
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
this kinda happened to me today.
parcel 'delivered'. slip thrown through post and they said 'in the blue bin' i looked and the slip was in the bin, but not the parcel.

got a refund this afternoon and ordered another 1 tho.
Anonymous #1
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by IWMTom)
Unless you nominated that neighbour and provided specific instructions that the parcel could be left with them, the retailer is still liable.

As for Amazon, they have some of the best Customer Service in the world - they'd sort out any problems like this taking your word for it. Speaking as an ex-Amazon driver, the app isn't fantastic and your notes are often not displayed; there's actually a button somewhere in your account settings you need to press to opt-out of deliveries to neighbours - your notes aren't enough.
I know, and I did change the setting on the website but they still delivered to a neighbour. After bothering all my close neighbour for a week with no success, I got really annoyed and contacted Amazon. Their response was that they had looked into the matter and found that the driver had problems finding my address (yep, hence the deliver slip in my postbox... :rolleyes:), but they did refund so I can't complain.
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It doesn't sound as though you nominated that neighbour to take it in for you, so I'm pretty sure that means that the retailer is liable for loss or non-delivery of the parcel. Contact Fashion Nova and proceed through them.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (1)
100%
No - I have already returned home (0)
0%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (0)
0%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (0)
0%
No - I live at home during term anyway (0)
0%

Watched Threads