Biology help please -Tissue culture investigation . Really need the help

Watch
JanaALEVEL
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
There was a question on the limitations of the procedure used to test this hypothesis ‘The higher the concentration of a plant growth regulator the greater the rate of growth of the plant tissue.’

Here is the mark scheme answer (these are 2 mark schemes for the same question)
https://imgur.com/a/KAn4zjC
I don't understand Mp4 in the MS on the right (I think it's the same as Mp5 on the left-which I also don't understand)
Could someone please explain it to me ? And what is another variable that could be a limiting factor for plant tissue growth that isn't controlled in the investigation ? (Mp4 on the left)

I genuinely need the help, if you can help me, please do
Attached files
t
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by JanaALEVEL)
There was a question on the limitations of the procedure used to test this hypothesis ‘The higher the concentration of a plant growth regulator the greater the rate of growth of the plant tissue.’

Here is the mark scheme answer (these are 2 mark schemes for the same question)
https://imgur.com/a/KAn4zjC
I don't understand Mp4 in the MS on the right (I think it's the same as Mp5 on the left-which I also don't understand)
Could someone please explain it to me ? And what is another variable that could be a limiting factor for plant tissue growth that isn't controlled in the investigation ? (Mp4 on the left)

I genuinely need the help, if you can help me, please do
Hey which exam paper is this? I can try to do the whole paper and then tell you
JanaALEVEL
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by t)
Hey which exam paper is this? I can try to do the whole paper and then tell you
The one on the right is Jan 2012 and the one on the left is Jan 2019
Sara03042002
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
from what i understand , in the experiment only one type of plant growth regulator hormone is used (according to the hypothesis stated), so the limitation is different types should be used as they give a coordinated response
plant growth regulators are plant hormones like auxines, cytokins and stuff
t
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hey I'm literally so sorry for not getting back to you!! I got really worked up with other stuff I've hardly done any past papers I hope you got an answer to your question? I'll try to do the Jan 2012 soon at least!
(Original post by JanaALEVEL)
The one on the right is Jan 2012 and the one on the left is Jan 2019
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (18)
7.35%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (37)
15.1%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (44)
17.96%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (35)
14.29%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (64)
26.12%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
19.18%

Watched Threads