Period Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
So I had my first period on January 21, 2019. February came around...didn't have one. Then March came. The day that it was supposed to start...I was getting ready for school and I had to use the bathroom. I went to the bathroom and then when I wiped there was blood on the TP and at that time I didn't have a pad on. And there was nothing in my panties. I put on a pad thinking that it had started. That afternoon I went to the bathroom and there was nothing in the pad. I ignored it and thought "oh maybe its just a warning symbol that its really abt to start" but no. Other than those 5 minutes I was in the bathroom there was nothing. Then April skipped too and I'm worried now bc I'm not counting those 5 minutes as a period bc I don't think it was and I'm really confused.
JTfoxlove
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
When you start out having period they can be very irregular. This is common and absolutely normal and is your body going through puberty and building up towards having a cycle. This has no bearing on your final adult cycle, health, happiness or anything else.

So there's nothing to worry about here and it sounds like you've made good decisions throughout and are well prepared. If you're concerned though you should talk to an adult you trust, school nurse or doctor.
Last edited by JTfoxlove; 2 weeks ago
Anonymous #2
Report 2 weeks ago
If you are young and just started your period in the past year or two, this is very normal. In the first year I started my period, I had a whole 12 months where I didn't get my period again. Then last year when I was 21 (virgin), I had a few months where I also had no period. Then it came back again. I thought nothing about it and didn't even get it checked out. I was also healthy and normal weight. It's also normal for me to have very irregular periods. Now I get a period every month but my cycle varies each month.

Are you a normal weight? Because weight and lifestyle can affect periods.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
My weight is fine I eat regularly and I weigh 96 lbs
(Original post by Anonymous)
If you are young and just started your period in the past year or two, this is very normal. In the first year I started my period, I had a whole 12 months where I didn't get my period again. Then last year when I was 21 (virgin), I had a few months where I also had no period. Then it came back again. I thought nothing about it and didn't even get it checked out. I was also healthy and normal weight. It's also normal for me to have very irregular periods. Now I get a period every month but my cycle varies each month.

Are you a normal weight? Because weight and lifestyle can affect periods.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I talked to my doctor abt it and she said that its normal and that if it skills for too long to let her know
(Original post by JTfoxlove)
When you start out having period they can be very irregular. This is common and absolutely normal and is your body going through puberty and building up towards having a cycle. This has no bearing on your final adult cycle, health, happiness or anything else.

So there's nothing to worry about here and it sounds like you've made good decisions throughout and are well prepared. If you're concerned though you should talk to an adult you trust, school nurse or doctor.
JTfoxlove
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I talked to my doctor abt it and she said that its normal and that if it skills for too long to let her know
Good job
GSedgley
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
It is completely normal for it to skip months and come at different times when you first start. Just keep a record of it so you know roughly when it should come, if it has/hasn’t, and for how long etc and then possibly talk to your doctor if you are becoming concerned. At the moment, nothing to worry about!
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
mgi
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
So I had my first period on January 21, 2019. February came around...didn't have one. Then March came. The day that it was supposed to start...I was getting ready for school and I had to use the bathroom. I went to the bathroom and then when I wiped there was blood on the TP and at that time I didn't have a pad on. And there was nothing in my panties. I put on a pad thinking that it had started. That afternoon I went to the bathroom and there was nothing in the pad. I ignored it and thought "oh maybe its just a warning symbol that its really abt to start" but no. Other than those 5 minutes I was in the bathroom there was nothing. Then April skipped too and I'm worried now bc I'm not counting those 5 minutes as a period bc I don't think it was and I'm really confused.
you have just started periods so expect them to not always be regular.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your Edexcel GCSE Maths Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - feeling positive (409)
26.37%
The paper was reasonable (667)
43%
Not feeling great about that exam (307)
19.79%
It was TERRIBLE (168)
10.83%

Watched Threads