A Level Drama and Theatre Studies Revision

Watch
studybeth
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hey! So I'm currently in my first year of my A Level Drama and Theatre Studies qualification on the AQA exam board. Have any of you found any revision materials for it? I'm really struggling to find any but I'd really appreciate it if you could give me any ideas x
chloecam29
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
What plays are you studying? I'm in u 6th about to take my exam, I'm doing Antigone and Yerma
studybeth
Rep:
?
I’m studying Caucasian Chalk Circle and Metamorphosis so unfortunately I’m not studying the same as you. Do you have any tips though?

(Original post by chloecam29)
What plays are you studying? I'm in u 6th about to take my exam, I'm doing Antigone and Yerma
chloecam29
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Ah I did Chalk Circle for one of our performances, I was Azdak !

Definitely look at the resources on AQA like the example student responses, they help a lot. For each character in the plays make sure you have an idea (and a sketch) of what their costume is. I have a folder for Antigone and I have a costume sketch for each character, and a sketch for set, as well as annotations on most pages of the play so you don't have to randomly make up facial expressions etc ahaha.

Also as you're in the first year, when you come to doing your final performances and stuff next year make sure you have a logbook of what you do each rehearsal. Sometimes I forgot and when I was writing my reflective report I had to sit for ages to think about what I did ahaha

Good luck !!
chloecam29
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Here's the sample answers , https://filestore.aqa.org.uk/resourc...A-72621-CA.PDF
studybeth
Rep:
?
Honestly, thank you so much!! And good luck with all your exams too

Ah I did Chalk Circle for one of our performances, I was Azdak !

Definitely look at the resources on AQA like the example student responses, they help a lot. For each character in the plays make sure you have an idea (and a sketch) of what their costume is. I have a folder for Antigone and I have a costume sketch for each character, and a sketch for set, as well as annotations on most pages of the play so you don't have to randomly make up facial expressions etc ahaha.

Also as you're in the first year, when you come to doing your final performances and stuff next year make sure you have a logbook of what you do each rehearsal. Sometimes I forgot and when I was writing my reflective report I had to sit for ages to think about what I did ahaha

Good luck !!
sonomo
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Does anyone have any tips ?? I’m doing Antigone and Our Country’s good but struggling?
examsstressmeout
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm doing our country's good too! I've just made a load of character post its and context post-it notes if you want I could send them?
(Original post by sonomo)
Does anyone have any tips ?? I’m doing Antigone and Our Country’s good but struggling?
sonomo
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Omg that would be amazing if u could!!
examsstressmeout
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
No problem, I'll send them when I get home. How should I send them Twitter/insta?
Omg that would be amazing if u could!!
T.R01
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Anyone do the glass menagerie or hedda gabler?
sonomo
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I’ll message u!
(Original post by examsstressmeout)
No problem, I'll send them when I get home. How should I send them Twitter/insta?
chloecam29
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm doing Antigone too! Do your class have any ideas on what may come up?
sonomo
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
We’re just as clueless as everyone else however I have a feeling it could be haemon or the chorus as the character but not 100% sure, what about ur class?
I'm doing Antigone too! Do your class have any ideas on what may come up?
chloecam29
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
We’re thinking either Creon Or Antigone, as they haven’t been on the A2 papers since 2014, just the AS ones! The chorus came up in 2014 and 2016, and Haemon in 2016 so it could be him ahhhh
So stressed hahaha
I find it so hard to put in context throughout instead of just in my introduction so I’m trying to focus on that too !! How do you feel for live performance as well?
We’re just as clueless as everyone else however I have a feeling it could be haemon or the chorus as the character but not 100% sure, what about ur class?
sonomo
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Omg same I shove all my context into my introduction !! And i’ve only prepared for physical/performance skills for live theatre so i better see a question for those! I feel like my ideas are always so basic for section a and b tho but oh wells
We’re thinking either Creon Or Antigone, as they haven’t been on the A2 papers since 2014, just the AS ones! The chorus came up in 2014 and 2016, and Haemon in 2016 so it could be him ahhhh
So stressed hahaha
I find it so hard to put in context throughout instead of just in my introduction so I’m trying to focus on that too !! How do you feel for live performance as well?
leviosaaar
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Good luck to everyone else taking the exam today lol I’m definitely screwed

gonna have to just make up my live theatre on the spot lmaooo
chloecam29
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
How did everyone find it?
Fleurwilliams
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Would you mind sending them to me too! My Instagram is @fleurwilliamss thank you xx
nancy_wilko23
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Hi, sorry I know this was a year ago now, but I'm in lower sixth studying drama and I'm doing the same plays as you. Have you got any tips on revision, or any materials online, especially for Yerma I can't seem to find it anywhere. Thanks!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (606)
33.8%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (750)
41.83%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (357)
19.91%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (80)
4.46%

Watched Threads