Christians are “the most persecuted religious group” Watch

username4454836
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by AJ126)
Just thought I'd point it out before any Christians started getting a victim complex.
So because historically they were the persecutors they now can't be victims?
Idg a damn
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
hahaha what a laughably fallacious article

Christianity has been prosecuting other religions for as long as I can remember

With them spreading their heresy claptrap, this article actually tried to contradict the general consensus ? hahaha XD what laughable folly!
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Last edited by Idg a damn; 2 weeks ago
Professional G
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Idg a damn)
hahaha what a laughably fallacious article

Christianity has been prosecuting other religions for as long as I can remember

With them spreading their heresy claptrap, this article actually tried to contradict the general consensus ? hahaha XD what laughable folly!
What the hell are you talking about? ‘Christians have been prosecuting other religions’
So it means it’s right that they get prosecuted then? Do you really think it’s right that innocent chrisatians get prosecuted cause their religion has been used to prosecute others?
Are you serious?
Haven’t you seen the Middle East and Israel/Palestine and India?
This isn’t regulated to just one religion so before you open your month, do your research.
Taz554:-)
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
because no christians are being ethnically cleansed or persecuted on the level of muslims. Im simply stating that Hunt is wrong. Christians are not the most persecuted
(Original post by limetang)
What even is this argument? OP said that Christians are the most persecuted religious group, the fact some Muslims are also persecuted doesn’t stop that from being true.
AJ126
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Decahedron)
So because historically they were the persecutors they now can't be victims?
It's not even historically.They are doing quite a lot of persecution over in America currently.And they can be but no more so than anybody else is.
username4454836
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by AJ126)
It's not even historically.They are doing quite a lot of persecution over in America currently.And they can be but no more so than anybody else is.
Are Christians a single homogeneous group?
salimyasin10
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
i think you r forgetting the crusades as well
(Original post by bobzzzzzz)
ooooooooooo also the british empire persecuted 29 million indians. and thats just the indian race so dont even get me started also america and russia and its lovely allies actually gave weapons to the taliban and and the isis coz they wanted thetre own little battleground and killed millions AGAIN owowowowowowowwowo
The RAR
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Surprised the BBC would even release an article about this, as these kind of articles are usually a gold mine for far right ***** online if you get what I mean. Regarding the article, I had no idea Christianity faced this much persecution, I always thought it was with Jews but unacceptable at all standards. None should be persecuted and attacked because of their religion, their religion, their right, you do not have the right to demonise them for their right to have a religion.
Onde
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
May the 4th is not even recognised as a holiday on many planets, but you don't hear people complaining about Jedi Knights being persecuted.
Napp
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by AngryRedhead)
Sounds about right, Christophobia is accepted by many people as an issue which does not warrant much concern
Probably because its, not without justification, simply seen as just desserts. If you have a christian crusade march into the middle east and burn it to the ground your right to cry foul when it comes back to haunt you is somewhat diminished.

That isnt to say it right but its hardly unexpected.
Zasty
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
why do people want to be "the victims" so badly.
Napp
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by The RAR)
Surprised the BBC would even release an article about this, as these kind of articles are usually a gold mine for far right ***** online if you get what I mean. Regarding the article, I had no idea Christianity faced this much persecution, I always thought it was with Jews but unacceptable at all standards. None should be persecuted and attacked because of their religion, their religion, their right, you do not have the right to demonise them for their right to have a religion.
It really depends what metric you use..
For barbarity over the years? The Jews broadly got it in the neck the worst
Then again if you include inter-communal persecution the Christians have been having a merry old time of slaughtering each other since the founding of the religion.
Although im curious how much attention the report pays to Christians in China. One of the biggest centers for them after all.
Andrew97
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by AJ126)
Christians have spent the best part of two millennia engaging in persecution of other people.
Your point being?
Andrew97
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Why the **** are people bringing Islam into this thread? It’s a thread about Christian prosecution. This is part of the problem.

The OP has reported that Christians are persecuted but yet we have people saying “they’ve been doing the persecution for years”. And, how is this relevant?

And we have people saying “Muslims are persecuted” again, not relevant to this thread. It’s not the ****ing oppression olympics, nobody gets a ****ing gold medal. Spot trying to make this about ****ing Islam and Palestine. It’s about Christians
uguoguo
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by mstone12)
yet all we hear about is Islamophobia all the time christian minority persecution is ignored by the same people who bang on about Islamophobia .
As christian persecution is not a problem in the UK, therefore it gets less attention on UK News
AJ126
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by The RAR)
Well it's chief author was a bishop.He's not going to say they are not persecuted is he? I would have liked to have heard the unbiased viewpoint.
uguoguo
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
All types of persecution are wrong, it is not a competition but we should be able to be open and discuss persecution of people of faith in all religions, whether it is Christianity, Islam or Judaism.
(Original post by Andrew97)
Why the **** are people bringing Islam into this thread? It’s a thread about Christian prosecution. This is part of the problem.

The OP has reported that Christians are persecuted but yet we have people saying “they’ve been doing the persecution for years”. And, how is this relevant?

And we have people saying “Muslims are persecuted” again, not relevant to this thread. It’s not the ****ing oppression olympics, nobody gets a ****ing gold medal. Spot trying to make this about ****ing Islam and Palestine. It’s about Christians
Andrew97
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by uguoguo)
All types of persecution are wrong, it is not a competition but we should be able to be open and discuss persecution of people of faith in all religions, whether it is Christianity, Islam or Judaism.
I didn’t say we couldn’t. But they can have their own threads. Just bringing other religions and races into this and saying nothing else does not help solve the problem.
Obolinda
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by uguoguo)
Exactly. I've no doubt Christians are persecuted but making a comment stating "they are the most oppressed" has already made it a competition. And naturally other religious persecution will be brought up to demostrate that they might not actually be the "most" oppressed, which is what the thread is about.
AJ126
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Andrew97)
I didn’t say we couldn’t. But they can have their own threads. Just bringing other religions and races into this and saying nothing else does not help solve the problem.
If you are going to debate whether a religion is the "most" persecuted then its kind of necessary to bring other religions into it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (42)
15.91%
The paper was reasonable (131)
49.62%
Not feeling great about that exam... (59)
22.35%
It was TERRIBLE (32)
12.12%

Watched Threads