1Person
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
I had offers from those three universities and I need to choice one. My offers are:

*Birmingham, unconditional for Theoretical Physics.

*Warwick, conditional for Maths&Physics upon completion of the foundation programme with satisfactory results, which is most likely going to happen.

*UCL, conditional for TP as well but they are also asking me to further prove my English language proficiency, despite already studying in the UK... honestly, I am quite unsure whether or not I should waste more money and time in order to pass *another* stupid English language test just to make them happy.

Honestly, my course preference would be as follows:
Warwick (because of the joint degree) > Birmingham > UCL (their physics department doesn’t seem to be that good)

On the other hand, Living/environment would be:
London >>>>>>>> any other place

-> Thus, I am basically only interested in UCL because of the city in which they are located. 🤷*♂️ Okay, maybe also for the international outlook of the institution as well...

Anyway, I want to eventually get a master in CS in the US or Canada, after finishing my BSc studies in the UK. (don’t ask why I am studying physics and not CS)

So, which one would be better?
Should I care more about the uni/course or location/prestige when taking a decision?

It’s basically a decision between being happy about the place where I am going to live for the next three years vs being happy about the university that I am going to attend for the next three years. 🤔
sucoutuuglyqank
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
UoB is the highest ranked, whats your offers? Id advise UoB if youre passionate and the rest if you dont really care
Candlewood
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
For a lot of courses you can get lecture examples for the modules online.
I'd recommend taking a look at these before you decide.

I know this is quite late. Sorry.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (221)
60.88%
No (76)
20.94%
Not sure (66)
18.18%

Watched Threads