emilyyytaylorr
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I’m considering doing the EPQ and ideally would want to do it based on history, specifically the monarchy. I adore the victorian era, Georgian and Tudor era’s so would like to base it off one of them. However i’m in need of some inspiration, i know its best to come up with your own idea, and i will, but just want some ideas on what to do to get it all flowing
hannanas
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
A friend of mine did it on to what extent did USSR/USA cause the Cold War? That's got lots of resources available. But if you want to keep to the periods you mentioned, something about the Reformation or Religion in Tudor England would be cool
Last edited by hannanas; 1 year ago
emilyyytaylorr
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Looking to do it before the 1900s, mainly on the monarchy as have an odd interest in it, but annoyingly im not very creative and as i tsarist russia + modern brit, so not really sure about what to do
username2851718
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I did mine on the Scottish Wars of Independence. Since you seem to be interested in the monarchy, perhaps Elizabeth I and how the Tudor succession passed on to the Stuarts and how it brought about the 'Union of the Crowns?'
username4639168
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by emilyyytaylorr)
I’m considering doing the EPQ and ideally would want to do it based on history, specifically the monarchy. I adore the victorian era, Georgian and Tudor era’s so would like to base it off one of them. However i’m in need of some inspiration, i know its best to come up with your own idea, and i will, but just want some ideas on what to do to get it all flowing
You could do something like the Development of the Government or the role of the church.

You could analyse key people or monarchs over time and assess which one was more successful.

If an important event happened in either time you could compare them or assess the causes/ importance.

You have a free range for history so you could take inspiration from past paper questions or coursework questions for your EPQ

Good Luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (70)
18.92%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (76)
20.54%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (68)
18.38%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (78)
21.08%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (38)
10.27%
I haven't started researching yet (40)
10.81%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise