EPQ history ideas help!! Watch

emilyyytaylorr
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I’m considering doing the EPQ and ideally would want to do it based on history, specifically the monarchy. I adore the victorian era, Georgian and Tudor era’s so would like to base it off one of them. However i’m in need of some inspiration, i know its best to come up with your own idea, and i will, but just want some ideas on what to do to get it all flowing
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
hannanas
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
A friend of mine did it on to what extent did USSR/USA cause the Cold War? That's got lots of resources available. But if you want to keep to the periods you mentioned, something about the Reformation or Religion in Tudor England would be cool
Last edited by hannanas; 1 month ago
emilyyytaylorr
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Looking to do it before the 1900s, mainly on the monarchy as have an odd interest in it, but annoyingly im not very creative and as i tsarist russia + modern brit, so not really sure about what to do
username2851718
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I did mine on the Scottish Wars of Independence. Since you seem to be interested in the monarchy, perhaps Elizabeth I and how the Tudor succession passed on to the Stuarts and how it brought about the 'Union of the Crowns?'
username4639168
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by emilyyytaylorr)
I’m considering doing the EPQ and ideally would want to do it based on history, specifically the monarchy. I adore the victorian era, Georgian and Tudor era’s so would like to base it off one of them. However i’m in need of some inspiration, i know its best to come up with your own idea, and i will, but just want some ideas on what to do to get it all flowing
You could do something like the Development of the Government or the role of the church.

You could analyse key people or monarchs over time and assess which one was more successful.

If an important event happened in either time you could compare them or assess the causes/ importance.

You have a free range for history so you could take inspiration from past paper questions or coursework questions for your EPQ

Good Luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Keele University
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Thu, 27 Jun '19
  • Birkbeck, University of London
    Undergraduate Open Day - Bloomsbury Undergraduate
    Thu, 27 Jun '19
  • University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19

What was the hardest A-level paper of 2019?

Edexcel Maths paper 1 (49)
24.62%
Edexcel Maths paper 2 (64)
32.16%
AQA Chemistry Paper 2 (37)
18.59%
Edexcel Maths Paper 3 (17)
8.54%
AQA Physics Paper 3 (32)
16.08%

Watched Threads