Miadarcey
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Can you apply for speech and language therapy through clearing? I originally applied for a different course and I’ve changed my mind
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Miadarcey)
Can you apply for speech and language therapy through clearing? I originally applied for a different course and I’ve changed my mind
If you've changed your mind, you're better off contacting unis with vacancies now, rather than waiting for Clearing to begin in July.

You can use the UCAS Search tool to see which unis still have vacancies for speech and language therapy and if any appeal to you, the next step is to phone their Admissions offices for advice.
Miadarcey
Rep:
(Original post by harrysbar)
If you've changed your mind, you're better off contacting unis with vacancies now, rather than waiting for Clearing to begin in July.

You can use the UCAS Search tool to see which unis still have vacancies for speech and language therapy and if any appeal to you, the next step is to phone their Admissions offices for advice.
Thanks harrysbar, should I contact my firm uni first for them to get rid of my offer or phone the speech and language universities first to see if they let me on the course?
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Thanks harrysbar, should I contact my firm uni first for them to get rid of my offer or phone the speech and language universities first to see if they let me on the course?
does your firm offer speech and language therapy? if they do ask them if they'd consider allowing you to change course.
harrysbar
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
I would phone the speech and language universities first and keep your existing offer as a back up plan unless you are 100% sure you don't want to go there. As clairestelle says, it's worth checking that your current uni doesn't offer speech & language therapy first before checking out other unis
Miadarcey
Rep:
My firm choice doesn’t but my insurance does
(Original post by claireestelle)
does your firm offer speech and language therapy? if they do ask them if they'd consider allowing you to change course.
harrysbar
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
My firm choice doesn’t but my insurance does
In that case, it could be worth phoning their Admissions when they open again and asking if you could swap courses? If they will allow it, you could then decline your current Firm offer so that your old Insurance takes their place.
Miadarcey
Rep:
Thanks you’ve been such a help! But my insurance choice is uni of manchester and it doesn’t come up on ucas that is has vacancies, would this mean they definitely wouldn’t let me swap to the course?
In that case, it could be worth phoning their Admissions when they open again and asking if you could swap courses? If they will allow it, you could then decline your current Firm offer so that your old Insurance takes their place.
harrysbar
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Thanks you’ve been such a help! But my insurance choice is uni of manchester and it doesn’t come up on ucas that is has vacancies, would this mean they definitely wouldn’t let me swap to the course?
You won't be able to swap if they definitely don't have vacancies but it's still worth a try
Miadarcey
Rep:
Thanks! What should I tell them?
You won't be able to swap if they definitely don't have vacancies but it's still worth a try
harrysbar
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Thanks! What should I tell them?
Just say that you have an offer from them to study......and you wondered if you could swap to speech and language therapy? And that if they could accomodate your change of course, you will decline your current Firm choice uni and Firm them instead.

Don't worry too much about what you will say.....they will be friendly and help you swap if it's possible.
Last edited by harrysbar; 3 years ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How did The Student Room help you with your university application?

Talking to current university students (8)
23.53%
Talking to peers going through the same thing (11)
32.35%
Speaking to student ambassadors from the universities (2)
5.88%
Speaking to staff members from universities (0)
0%
Using the personal statement builder, library or helper service (3)
8.82%
Reading articles about what steps to take (6)
17.65%
Learning about/speaking to Student Finance England (2)
5.88%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (2)
5.88%

Watched Threads