The Student Room Group

Spanish GCSE

Do i need to memorise every single word in the specification?

I have speaking exams in a couple of days and I look at some questions and have no idea what words are?
When is your exam?
Learn a couple of sentences for each question.
Original post by Fellowbibba
Do i need to memorise every single word in the specification?

I have speaking exams in a couple of days and I look at some questions and have no idea what words are?

no!! definitely don't need to learn all of them just make sure that you go through the words in your text book and know them. that should be enough for your speaking exam. half of learning a language is guess work so don't panic. as someone who took my oral exam last year it may seem like the scariest out of all the exams but it goes a lot quicker than expected and its a lot more easier than you would expect it to be.
just remember to relax take your time and speak clearly!! you'll be fine!!
good luck :smile:
Reply 4
thursday
Original post by lily0293
When is your exam?
Reply 5
what about the photo cards?
Original post by lily0293
Learn a couple of sentences for each question.
Reply 6
thanks v much
Original post by student300581
no!! definitely don't need to learn all of them just make sure that you go through the words in your text book and know them. that should be enough for your speaking exam. half of learning a language is guess work so don't panic. as someone who took my oral exam last year it may seem like the scariest out of all the exams but it goes a lot quicker than expected and its a lot more easier than you would expect it to be.
just remember to relax take your time and speak clearly!! you'll be fine!!
good luck :smile:
no, revise key phrases that you can use for most topics like 'in my opinion' 'I used to...' and then for each topic like food, education, family etc just learn key/really important phrases
for the photo cards also learn phrases that you can use for basically anything like 'in the middle of the photo' or describe the weather/people/objects in the photo.
and another thing I found helpful was no matter what photo you get, say your opinion of it so 'I like the photo because' or 'I don't like the photo because...'
Reply 8
ty
Original post by justarosexo
no, revise key phrases that you can use for most topics like 'in my opinion' 'I used to...' and then for each topic like food, education, family etc just learn key/really important phrases
for the photo cards also learn phrases that you can use for basically anything like 'in the middle of the photo' or describe the weather/people/objects in the photo.
and another thing I found helpful was no matter what photo you get, say your opinion of it so 'I like the photo because' or 'I don't like the photo because...'
I had my speaking last week and I prepared by looking through my answers and seeing how many I could remember from the mocks.I mostly went through vocabulary and tenses.I would advise asking a friend who also does Spanish to ask you the questions before you revise properly so that you can see which questions you need to learn specific answers for.¡Buena suerte!

Quick Reply

Latest