The Student Room Group

What do guys like in girls??

Wanna help a girl out? X

What things do guys like that girls do to them?/What things do guys like that girls do in general?

I’ve noticed most people have gone with qualities in general. What about actions too? Like what’s a turn on/what’s cute?
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

looks nice
smells nice
is nice
makes me feel happy
doesn't put my down all the time
doesn't whine/nag me all the time
smiles a lot
laughs at my jokes
tells me she loves me
doesn't cheat
is there for me

i don't ask for much i know :tongue:

hell i ask for all this because i always give it in return. i always try to be the best boyfriend so naturally i'd want her to try and be the best girlfriend. sadly so far two out of the three girlfriends i have had were real b itchy towards me and sucked the life out of me...
Original post by LizieM
Wanna help a girl out? X

What things do guys like that girls do to them?/What things do guys like that girls do in general?

Personally what I like in a girl is;

She's down to Earth/Honest

Intelligent (I dont understand guys who find an intellgeient woman a turn off) - also its nice to have someone who can speak on the same wavelength with you in a partner.

Has some sort of ambition

Is passionate about something (it doesnt really matter what it is)

Can speak her mind

Likes to keep in shape / keep fit (Couple cycle rides are awesome xD)

Reply 3
Original post by goggleyed
looks nice
smells nice
is nice
makes me feel happy
doesn't put my down all the time
doesn't whine/nag me all the time
smiles a lot
laughs at my jokes
tells me she loves me
doesn't cheat
is there for me

i don't ask for much i know :tongue:

hell i ask for all this because i always give it in return. i always try to be the best boyfriend so naturally i'd want her to try and be the best girlfriend. sadly so far two out of the three girlfriends i have had were real b itchy towards me and sucked the life out of me...

You seem so nice though :/
Reply 4
Original post by Jack22031994
Personally what I like in a girl is;

She's down to Earth/Honest

Intelligent (I dont understand guys who find an intellgeient woman a turn off) - also its nice to have someone who can speak on the same wavelength with you in a partner.

Has some sort of ambition

Is passionate about something (it doesnt really matter what it is)

Can speak her mind

Likes to keep in shape / keep fit (Couple cycle rides are awesome xD)

Aweee couple cycle rides sounds so cute. Thanks for the help too
Original post by LizieM

I fit all this criteria except the last one 😂
Original post by LizieM

Yeah they are xD

I am starting to miss having someone :frown: - I'll be okay though - my life is pretty good atm xD
Reply 7

[*]Intelligent (I dont understand guys who find an intellgeient woman a turn off) - also its nice to have someone who can speak on the same wavelength with you in a partner.

[*]usually the controlling type or easily intimidated guys are the ones who go for bimbos

they either assume she will be easier to get into bed or easier to control or he has an extreme case of little man syndrome and can't stand it when a woman outsmarts him.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by shellop
[*]usually the controlling type or easily intimidated guys are the ones who go for bimbos

they either assume she will be easier to get into bed or easier to control or he has an extreme case of little man syndrome and can't stand it when a woman outsmarts him.

[*]
That is probably true.
Reply 9
Yeah they are xD

I am starting to miss having someone :frown: - I'll be okay though - my life is pretty good atm xD

Good for you :smile:
Original post by LizieM
You seem so nice though :/

aww thanks i like to think i am. but i've come to the conclusion that maybe thats my downfall, maybe i'm too much of a nice guy thats why people have always been taking advantage of me it seems
- Funny and doesn't take things too seriously
- Intelligent
- Understands that I as a man have a goal in life, and is willing to come on this journey with me (she's a keeper if she understands this)
- Spiritual - I wanna have deep conversations about the universe and sh*t and go on retreats (don't mind if she's not but it would be nice)
- Kind and compassionate
Reply 12
Original post by goggleyed
aww thanks i like to think i am. but i've come to the conclusion that maybe thats my downfall, maybe i'm too much of a nice guy thats why people have always been taking advantage of me it seems

Don’t change youself! If someone doesn’t appreciate you for who you are then they aren’t the right person. Someone will xx
Reply 13
she is refreshingly honest and kind about everything and she has a great personality. Anything else is an added bonous
Toss up between appendix and larynx.
Original post by JoshDarnIt
- Funny and doesn't take things too seriously
- Intelligent
- Understands that I as a man have a goal in life, and is willing to come on this journey with me (she's a keeper if she understands this)
- Spiritual - I wanna have deep conversations about the universe and sh*t and go on retreats (don't mind if she's not but it would be nice)
- Kind and compassionate

are you willingly support her journey as well though. i often find that men expect their girlfriend to support their goals 100% but when the shoe is on the other foot hes all whiny about being ignored by his girlfriend because diddums shes choosing work over him
Original post by Anonymous
are you willingly support her journey as well though. i often find that men expect their girlfriend to support their goals 100% but when the shoe is on the other foot hes all whiny about being ignored by his girlfriend because diddums shes choosing work over him

Oh ofc, can't expect her to support my journey and not reciprocate :smile:
Original post by JoshDarnIt
Oh ofc, can't expect her to support my journey and not reciprocate :smile:

good man
Original post by Anonymous
good man

:yy:
Reply 19
Guinness.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending