The Student Room Group

How to collect a prescription

I went to my local GP at the beginning of March and got my first Depo-Provera injection as well as a repeat prescription. I am due for my next injection in a few weeks and am wondering how I go about picking up the injection. Do I just take the prescription straight to my local pharmacy or do I have to go to my GP and then the pharmacy? I'm not sure if this is different throughout the UK so I live in Scotland if it happens to be a different system. Thanks in advance (:
Original post by Anonymous
I went to my local GP at the beginning of March and got my first Depo-Provera injection as well as a repeat prescription. I am due for my next injection in a few weeks and am wondering how I go about picking up the injection. Do I just take the prescription straight to my local pharmacy or do I have to go to my GP and then the pharmacy? I'm not sure if this is different throughout the UK so I live in Scotland if it happens to be a different system. Thanks in advance (:

As it's a contraceptive, it depends on your gp but i think you'll need to call them to order the prescription, they'll tell you when it will be ready and then you pick it up and take it to the pharmacy. I don't know if its a thing in scotland but i think they don't tend to have people self inject it in england.

Quick Reply

Latest