Ramadan Watch

Milli677
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi guys,
Next week it’s Ramadan where we fast from dawn till after dusk (going without food and drink(
I have school and I am in year 9 and my stomach always fumbles and I don’t want that to happen during Ramadan cause I won’t be able to eat anything to stop it from happening.
Any suggestions?
Thank you all❤️
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
sulaimanali
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You'll get used to it over time, just takes a bit of time to get used to - have a good Suhoor meal to keep you going as long as possible.
sulaimanali
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
The point of Ramadan is to realise what the less fortunate have and face - to be able to endure hardship with patience.
cxjz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Why are you fasting? for weight loss?
sulaimanali
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Religious reasons
(Original post by cxjz)
Why are you fasting? for weight loss?
cxjz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
fasting is not something that is only in islam.. people have been fasting for thousands of years
(Original post by Milli677)
What do you mean obvs we have to fast
sulaimanali
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by cxjz)
fasting is not something that is only in islam.. people have been fasting for thousands of years
amazing - that's great. Islam has a requirement for ALL muslims (fit to) to fast in the whole month of Ramadan. And it's something that prohibits you from both drinking and eating, whereas fasting in other religions or just generally, you can at least have water or certain foods. Fasting is good for you whether it be for weight loss (intermittent) or religious reasons etc
Last edited by sulaimanali; 1 month ago
Amberxoxoxo
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
That’s not the point of this forum and all religions are valid.There is no need to attack other people’s faith.
(Original post by cxjz)
fasting is actually christian not muslim.. muhammad copied it from christianity
sulaimanali
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Thank you for clearing this up for the other poster. Looking for an argument I guess - don't feed such! I made it clear to the other poster that Islam specifically makes it an obligation for those who can and how Islamic fasting is different - it's seen as an 'absoloute' or 'dry' fast - both liquid and food is prevented.
(Original post by Amberxoxoxo)
That’s not the point of this forum and all religions are valid.There is no need to attack other people’s faith.
Sammylou40
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by sulaimanali)
Thank you for clearing this up for the other poster. Looking for an argument I guess - don't feed such! I made it clear to the other poster that Islam specifically makes it an obligation for those who can and how Islamic fasting is different - it's seen as an 'absoloute' or 'dry' fast - both liquid and food is prevented.
Best wishes for your fast.
But, fasting is fasting. When I fast at Easter everything is included.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (284)
15.2%
The paper was reasonable (1037)
55.51%
Not feeling great about that exam... (404)
21.63%
It was TERRIBLE (143)
7.66%

Watched Threads