The Student Room Group

Higher english scottish text 10 marker

i cant seem to understand the 10 marker layout can anyone exsplain it to me i have my exam soon and im really worried
Commonality - generally answer question for extract given and one other extract by same person.
2 marks

2 quotes from the extract given not already used and answer question asked
2 quotes from the other extract you chose to mention in commonality answer question
4 quotes from other extracts that answer the question asked
Reply 2
thank you so much , i was wondering something else. about the critical essays im just having trouble with anaysis. i know you have to write what the quote basically means but my lecturer said i have to put techniques the author uses in the scene/incident as well.

Original post by shailivr
Commonality - generally answer question for extract given and one other extract by same person.
2 marks

2 quotes from the extract given not already used and answer question asked
2 quotes from the other extract you chose to mention in commonality answer question
4 quotes from other extracts that answer the question asked
Your teacher is right you don't get marks for just explaining what the writer means. Pick quotes with a technique like metaphors / foreshadowing [telling the future] / plastic theatre [play] / setting / dialogue [speech] / symbolism. One quote one technique should be enough as long as you answer the question asked in the link statement after. If you don't mention any techniques its hard to get a 10 out of 20.
Reply 4
thank you again , your a life saver seriously xD
Original post by shailivr
Your teacher is right you don't get marks for just explaining what the writer means. Pick quotes with a technique like metaphors / foreshadowing [telling the future] / plastic theatre [play] / setting / dialogue [speech] / symbolism. One quote one technique should be enough as long as you answer the question asked in the link statement after. If you don't mention any techniques its hard to get a 10 out of 20.
xx I know the exam is on Wednesday. I still haven't learned all my quotes and still can't finish an essay in timed conditions.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending