The Student Room Group

In a relationship, not sure i love them but still obsess over my ex

Hi! I'm 18, and gay and i got a slight dilemer.

I still obsess about my ex, like i think about him every day and its been like 6 months now since we broke up and i'm worried about the fact i still love him, and don't love my current boyfriend as much as i loved my ex (if that makes sense) WHAT DO I DO
It's normal, especially if your ex was your first proper love. I don't think they ever lose a place in your heart. What happened with the ex and is there any chance you could get back together? If not concentrate on what you have. Consider your feelings for your ex might actually be a manifestation of your feelings, telling you that you are not happy in your current relationship and maybe its time to move on?
Reply 2
Not a chance we're getting back together since he has got a boyfriend. The whole reason we split up was **** going on at college and my family.
Original post by Apachecow
It's normal, especially if your ex was your first proper love. I don't think they ever lose a place in your heart. What happened with the ex and is there any chance you could get back together? If not concentrate on what you have. Consider your feelings for your ex might actually be a manifestation of your feelings, telling you that you are not happy in your current relationship and maybe its time to move on?

Quick Reply

Latest