The Student Room Group

Student Account / Banks / Loan companies

Hi Folks,

I am a mature student in his 40s returning to full time education, in order to acquire a PGDE Secondary teaching qualification at Glasgow University.

Can anyone recommend a high street bank to open a student account with / good to deal with when applying for a loan to top up my student loan ? Also any other reputable sources of funding - I have been told about two companies - 'Future Finance's and Lendwise - are they reputable?

Thanks for taking the time to read this post.
Reply 1
Original post by DJC72
Hi Folks,

I am a mature student in his 40s returning to full time education, in order to acquire a PGDE Secondary teaching qualification at Glasgow University.

Can anyone recommend a high street bank to open a student account with / good to deal with when applying for a loan to top up my student loan ? Also any other reputable sources of funding - I have been told about two companies - 'Future Finance's and Lendwise - are they reputable?

Thanks for taking the time to read this post.

Are you unable to apply for student finance? Bank loans have to be paid back sooner.
Reply 2
Thanks for your question. I already have student finance in place from SAAS/Student loans but it isn't going to get enough, so need a top up.
Reply 3
Original post by DJC72
Thanks for your question. I already have student finance in place from SAAS/Student loans but it isn't going to get enough, so need a top up.[/

Does the university offer any financial help? Are you able to get a part time job?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending