Msc Marketing: University of Kent, Strathcyde or Newcastle University Watch

valerine_f
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hello!

I am applying at these days for an Msc in Marketing and since I am an international student, I would like some more info. Which University of the above should I choose for my masters (Kent, Newcastle or Strathclyde)? Which of them has the best community feeling? How is student life there? Lastly, are people from Scandinavia there? I would like to move to Norway after my studies, so meeting such people will be helpful I guess. Thank you in advance
Last edited by valerine_f; 2 weeks ago
StudentRep Annabel
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi there!

I'm currently in my third year at Kent as an undergraduate, and I really love it here. The campus has such a friendly and welcoming vibe to it, and there is always plenty going on. The university prides itself in being a European university, and is very welcoming to international students. There are loads of cultural societies, here is the link to the Kent Union website where you can see them all, including a Nordic society which could be a great way for you to meet people from there!
https://kentunion.co.uk/activities/societies

I've found student life at Kent to really have the best of both worlds. The campus itself is surrounded in countryside with lots of trees, fields and ponds, and also stunning views over Canterbury and the Kent countryside, which gives it a really relaxed vibe. There is also still loads to do on campus as well, Kent Union has tonnes of societies and sports clubs as well as a club on campus, a cinema, gym, theatre, shops, cafes, bars and restaurants. It's super easy to feel at home on campus. Also, town is just a 20 minute walk (or short bus ride) from the university campus. Canterbury is a really beautiful city with cobbled streets, streams and the Cathedral. There are two other universities in Canterbury so it still has a nice student vibe to it with lots of bars, cafes and clubs.

If you have any questions at all about life at Kent or accommodation or anything, then please let me know I hope that this helps!
(Original post by valerine_f)
Hello!

I am applying at these days for an Msc in Marketing and since I am an international student, I would like some more info. Which University of the above should I choose for my masters (Kent, Newcastle or Strathclyde)? Which of them has the best community feeling? How is student life there? Lastly, are people from Scandinavia there? I would like to move to Norway after my studies, so meeting such people will be helpful I guess. Thank you in advance
valerine_f
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Thank for your help! I would also like to know if the university help you find a job after completing your degree!
(Original post by StudentRep Annabel)
Hi there!

I'm currently in my third year at Kent as an undergraduate, and I really love it here. The campus has such a friendly and welcoming vibe to it, and there is always plenty going on. The university prides itself in being a European university, and is very welcoming to international students. There are loads of cultural societies, here is the link to the Kent Union website where you can see them all, including a Nordic society which could be a great way for you to meet people from there!
https://kentunion.co.uk/activities/societies

I've found student life at Kent to really have the best of both worlds. The campus itself is surrounded in countryside with lots of trees, fields and ponds, and also stunning views over Canterbury and the Kent countryside, which gives it a really relaxed vibe. There is also still loads to do on campus as well, Kent Union has tonnes of societies and sports clubs as well as a club on campus, a cinema, gym, theatre, shops, cafes, bars and restaurants. It's super easy to feel at home on campus. Also, town is just a 20 minute walk (or short bus ride) from the university campus. Canterbury is a really beautiful city with cobbled streets, streams and the Cathedral. There are two other universities in Canterbury so it still has a nice student vibe to it with lots of bars, cafes and clubs.

If you have any questions at all about life at Kent or accommodation or anything, then please let me know I hope that this helps!
StudentRep Annabel
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Yeah they do! There's the careers department where you can go to for job advice, they will check your application, send regular emails with graduate jobs you might be interested in, and will help you to make your CV. Here is the link to their website so you can see what they do; https://www.kent.ac.uk/ces/
I've used them so many times for part-time work and internships and I'd really recommend them!
Also, your academic school will send employability emails and sometimes they hold workshops about careers and things too which will be more specific to your degree type. But if you have any careers questions then I'd really recommend using the Careers and Employability service

(Original post by valerine_f)
Thank for your help! I would also like to know if the university help you find a job after completing your degree!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• London Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Mini Open Evening - Holloway Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 May '19
  • Brunel University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19

How did your AQA A-level Economics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (87)
16.8%
The paper was reasonable (256)
49.42%
Not feeling great about that exam... (119)
22.97%
It was TERRIBLE (56)
10.81%

Watched Threads