aqa a level biology specimen paper 3 question help Watch

Bertybassett
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hi, on q2.2 on this paper, the ms gives z as the nucleus, yet I dont understand how you can distinguish between the nlucleus and vacuole? Also for 4.4, I understand from the ms that the th cell binds directly to the tumour cell which in this case is the antigen presenting cell. But if this is the case, what is the point in phagocytosis - surely the th cell can then bind directly to the bacteria or virus instead of to the phagocyte that acts as the apc ? many thanks https://filestore.aqa.org.uk/resourc...-74023-SQP.PDF
liam.ro
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
2.2. In black-and-white microscope images, the vacuole tends to turn up white, so there's your first telltale sign. The more obvious one to focus on is that there are multiple W organelles, whereas there's only Z organelle. As there is only one nucleus in a plant cell, it must be Z.

4.4. You're missing a more fundamental, mechanical reason why phagocytosis doesn't occur in this situation. Metastasising tumours are a large group of aggregated cells, acting like a single entity. Phagocytes can only digest individual, isolated pathogens, so will not be able to do much against a tumour.

I hope this helped!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby
    Foundation Open Event Further education
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (160)
17.78%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (77)
8.56%
No I am happy with my course choice (535)
59.44%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (128)
14.22%

Watched Threads