faynash8
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I've recently swapped my course to child nursing at Leeds and I was wondering if nursing students only have certain accommodation to choose from ? If they do then which one is the most social and people would suggest? If not what accommodation do people suggest for Leeds ?
Last edited by faynash8; 2 years ago
TSR_Ollie
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help

Why do I do this?

The Universities forums get a lot of questions that are unanswered. This is often because the OP's thread got missed - bumping threads gives them another lease of life and frequently results in someone seeing it and being able to respond

If you would like to help with unanswered questions check out the first part of the list here and don't forget the second part of the list here.

Or if you have questions, get in touch with Puddles the Monkey.
Georgia297
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'm stuck between CV and Henry Price
Swills11
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Nursing I think (don't quote me on it) get a choice between Oxley, Lupton and the Tannery. To be honest, none of these are accommodations that other students would choose, however I do think they're great for people studying nursing as you all get to live together. Essentially in Leeds you either live on campus, city centre (can range from a 10 min to 20 min walk to uni, on a map it would be below campus), Hyde Park (same distance but opposite direction) or Headingley (same direction as Hyde Park but about twice as far).

Oxley: probably the last accommodation I would choose to be in, but my friend that did nursing chose to be there. I think it's probably the nicest of the three but its so far away - it's actually past Headingley in 'Far Headingley'. Headingley is really nice, lots of students from Leeds Beckett there as they have part of their campus up there, but its way nicer than Hyde Park with loads of restaurants, bars and pubs, its own Nandos, Wilko, Boots etc etc. So Headingley, while being about 40 mins walk from campus, is really nice to live in but Oxley is actually further so not recommended. Student bus tickets are super cheap so thats not a problem, the problem is its not near any other accommodations. Generally if students on other courses get put in what would be considered the "worst" accommodation it would be Oxley or Liberty Dock due to them both being very isolated.

Lupton: Another that most people don't want to be in but actually it's really sociable. It's in Headingley, so still far but in a nice place, and when you're in Headingley you're within about 15 mins walk from other accommodations like Devonshire and James Baillie, plus 20 mins from Hyde Park where all the 2nd/3rd years flock to.

Tannery: Personally I think this is the best choice. Packed full of nurses (which also Lupton and Oxley are too) and also medics and dentists due to how close it is to where you need. Decently sociable. It's in the city centre really but is in an area where it has the Tannery, another uni of accommodation called Sentinel Towers plus some Beckett ones. Walking into town is super quick, but this is probably the one that looks the least nice inside. Personally I don't think that matters too much though.
nadia__ptel
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by faynash8)
I've recently swapped my course to child nursing at Leeds and I was wondering if nursing students only have certain accommodation to choose from ? If they do then which one is the most social and people would suggest? If not what accommodation do people suggest for Leeds ?
AVAILABLE 1ST SEPTEMBER
FULLY FURNISHED
ALL BILLS INCLUDED
INTERNET INCLUDED
IDEAL FOR STUDENTS
CLOSE TO UNIVERSITIES

Located on the ground floor of a large converted house, this fully furnished studio apartment comes with a double bed, bedside table and wardrobe as well as a study desk and chair.
All utility bills are included. Internet also included.

Hi, I booked this studio for my second year of study at Leeds University, however due to a change in circumstances I no longer need this apartment, this has left me in a unfortunate predicament of finding a replacement for my 12month contract.
More pictures of the studio can be made available on request.
*Booked through YPP agency
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (64)
21.99%
Excited but a bit nervous (132)
45.36%
Not bothered either way (36)
12.37%
I'm really nervous (59)
20.27%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise