maniccrammer
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Any ideas on what the question will be? A theme or character? I’m stuck on what to look at specifically and am stressing about it with time running out
K Adams
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Just make sure you know the text as well as you can as you can't really guess what the question will be.
Make sure you have quotes and ideas for each main character (Macbeth, LM, maybe witches, maybe Banquo/Duncan) and theme (e.g. ambition, morality, power, guilt)
Don't know what exam board you're doing but I'm on AQA. Last year on AQA it was about Macbeth and Banquo, 2017 it was ambition, so perhaps this year it will be a theme...?
On AQA you get an extract (don't know about other exam boards) so you can root your answer in that.
And don't stress, you'll do fine
SchmuckOff
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I personally think Kingship is a strong contender
(Original post by maniccrammer)
Any ideas on what the question will be? A theme or character? I’m stuck on what to look at specifically and am stressing about it with time running out
arfredgarcia1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Although learning material is the foremost priority, I believe the exam question could be on Lady Macbeth and/or masculinity
maniccrammer
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by K Adams)
Just make sure you know the text as well as you can as you can't really guess what the question will be.
Make sure you have quotes and ideas for each main character (Macbeth, LM, maybe witches, maybe Banquo/Duncan) and theme (e.g. ambition, morality, power, guilt)
Don't know what exam board you're doing but I'm on AQA. Last year on AQA it was about Macbeth and Banquo, 2017 it was ambition, so perhaps this year it will be a theme...?
On AQA you get an extract (don't know about other exam boards) so you can root your answer in that.
And don't stress, you'll do fine
I’m doing AQA too. Would you say getting an overview of the characters with maybe 5 quotes for each theme is a good idea? My school messed up teaching us the course so no one really knows how to revise it. Are you doing your exam this year?
Harry3232
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by maniccrammer)
I’m doing AQA too. Would you say getting an overview of the characters with maybe 5 quotes for each theme is a good idea? My school messed up teaching us the course so no one really knows how to revise it. Are you doing your exam this year?
Yes. Around 5-7 quotes per character should be fine; if your aiming for a 7/8/9 perhaps having pre-planned analysis for each quote will help you in the exam (I know it definitely helped me).

If you feel like your running out of time in terms of revision, Banquo is less likely to come up as this character was assessed last year. Other characters, including Macbeth can still be given.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (672)
33.65%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (849)
42.51%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (385)
19.28%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (91)
4.56%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed