The Student Room Group

Last minute revision plan for Science

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Elsmok
biology was probably my worst one. physics was good and chemistry was great. but we're only half way done with science another 3 to go

Good luck! (^_^ )
Some skills are common to all three sciences. It's very common to be asked to draw and interpret graphs (including with 2 or more sets of data being displayed and going through the x axis). If you can work on describing trends, interpreting data sets (including from tables) and drawing graphs, this can give you extra marks across all three papers.

I'd also suggest making sure you're really clear on key working scientifically terms (e.g. reliability, accuracy, repeatability) as again, these are often asked about across all 3 papers and if you're very clear on them, you will pick up extra marks.

I'd also consider focusing on topics that you consider yourself to know a bit about but not everything (e.g. you'd get 2/3 marks on a 6 mark question). It'll be easier to improve your knowledge here than starting to learn things from scratch, and there's not much point spending time on things you're fairly confident on.

I'd also suggest learning as many key words and definitions as you can.
Reply 22
Original post by SarcAndSpark
Some skills are common to all three sciences. It's very common to be asked to draw and interpret graphs (including with 2 or more sets of data being displayed and going through the x axis). If you can work on describing trends, interpreting data sets (including from tables) and drawing graphs, this can give you extra marks across all three papers.

I'd also suggest making sure you're really clear on key working scientifically terms (e.g. reliability, accuracy, repeatability) as again, these are often asked about across all 3 papers and if you're very clear on them, you will pick up extra marks.

I'd also consider focusing on topics that you consider yourself to know a bit about but not everything (e.g. you'd get 2/3 marks on a 6 mark question). It'll be easier to improve your knowledge here than starting to learn things from scratch, and there's not much point spending time on things you're fairly confident on.

I'd also suggest learning as many key words and definitions as you can.

Thank you! I definitely should do that as there was a question in Physics about what 'zero error' meant and my mind went completely blank.
Original post by Hiro2468
Thank you! I definitely should do that as there was a question in Physics about what 'zero error' meant and my mind went completely blank.

Yeah, questions like that can come up on any paper so making sure you know them is really important.

There's a list of key words from AQA here too:
https://filestore.aqa.org.uk/resources/science/AQA-SCIENCE-GCSE-SUBJECT-VOCAB.PDF

As well as knowing these words, practice past paper qs where you have to interpret graphs and data sets and make sure you're confident drawing graphs and know when to e.g. do a curved line of best fit, or a bar chart.
Reply 24
Yeah, questions like that can come up on any paper so making sure you know them is really important.

There's a list of key words from AQA here too:
https://filestore.aqa.org.uk/resources/science/AQA-SCIENCE-GCSE-SUBJECT-VOCAB.PDF

As well as knowing these words, practice past paper qs where you have to interpret graphs and data sets and make sure you're confident drawing graphs and know when to e.g. do a curved line of best fit, or a bar chart.

Seriously thank you so much! (T^T )
Original post by Hiro2468
Seriously thank you so much! (T^T )

No worries, now make sure you get on your revision tomorrow :wink:
Reply 26
No worries, now make sure you get on your revision tomorrow :wink:

(>~<💪)
OP how much revision have you done for science so far?

I don't think I am going to do well
Reply 28
Original post by Chemist123
OP how much revision have you done for science so far?

I don't think I am going to do well

Jack crap but today I need to start especially since I've been given something helpful to start with from above.

Quick Reply

Latest