The Student Room Group

Currently in hospital, GCSEs r next week

So on the weekend I took an overdose of a drug and I was rushed to hospital. I don’t want to have to explain myself and why I did it- that’s besides the point. But I’m still currently in hospital after two days and my GCSE’s start on Monday. I should be out by tomorrow morning but I have missed so much revision time and the doctors r suggesting there’s a possibility of me developing liver cirrhosis. So I don’t know how the hell im going to do my GCSE’s. I’m a very ambitious person was aiming for all 8/9s but I feel all of that is going to go down the drain now
Reply 1
Original post by Zabidoo
Ik u said it was "besides the point" and no offense, but it was a bit silly of an ambitious student getting 8s/9s to overdose a week before exams...

Uve only missed 2 days and the exams r next week anyway...I'm sure u have plenty of time to catch up

You can’t even begin to to comprehend the mental anguish I was under.

Yeah ur right thnx, I’m just overthinking it tbh
Exactly. Knowing that your exams are so close yet deciding to take drugs is not a wise decision at all. If you were aiming for all 8/9s then it simply makes no sense that you'd take drugs so close to when exams begin or even have decided to take drugs in the first place.
You've only been in hospital for two days and so you've only missed two days of revision? That's really not a lot.
I know you're probably going to be stressing about your GCSEs as well as the possibility of developing liver cirrhosis but the only thing you can do now is focus on your GCSEs and revising for them, and hopefully you've learnt your lesson about drug overdoses so you don't do it again!
I'm also aiming for 8/9s - 2 days of no revision won't affect you too much, you may find that you struggle more if you stress too much over it. I won't lecture you on drugs, as I'm already sure you know the issues but honestly, you will be fine. Just learn this lesson for the future (i.e. A-levels if you are planning to do them)
Reply 4
I just want to say I'm sorry if I've offended u as I obviously do not know the circumstances of why u overdosed...I didn't think it was offensive as silly isnt exactly an offensive word (especially in today's society, it cudve been a lot worse) but I didn't take mental health into consideration and thought it was just recreational drug use which is why I obviously said it was silly

I don't know if I've been reported or not becuz of that comment but I just wanted to let u know that I'm sorry
Reply 5
Original post by neko no basu
Exactly. Knowing that your exams are so close yet deciding to take drugs is not a wise decision at all. If you were aiming for all 8/9s then it simply makes no sense that you'd take drugs so close to when exams begin or even have decided to take drugs in the first place.
You've only been in hospital for two days and so you've only missed two days of revision? That's really not a lot.
I know you're probably going to be stressing about your GCSEs as well as the possibility of developing liver cirrhosis but the only thing you can do now is focus on your GCSEs and revising for them, and hopefully you've learnt your lesson about drug overdoses so you don't do it again!

Why did my comment get taken down but not urs 😂 I said no offense too...anyway, doesn't matter
Original post by Athenaxx
So on the weekend I took an overdose of a drug and I was rushed to hospital. I don’t want to have to explain myself and why I did it- that’s besides the point. But I’m still currently in hospital after two days and my GCSE’s start on Monday. I should be out by tomorrow morning but I have missed so much revision time and the doctors r suggesting there’s a possibility of me developing liver cirrhosis. So I don’t know how the hell im going to do my GCSE’s. I’m a very ambitious person was aiming for all 8/9s but I feel all of that is going to go down the drain now

Sweetheart - I am so sorry for you. Big big hug over the airwaves. Why did you do that. I am assuming it was paracetamol you took - you will probably be ok - but don't do it again. Life is for living darling.

If you are ambitious and this was just a daft mistake - just take half your GCSEs - it doesn't matter whether you take an extra year studying. Your family must be worried sick for you - love yourself - you are precious.

Quick Reply

Latest