shadwow
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
I have an offer to start my computer science degree in Brookes.

Can I get some insights from fellow students ?
How are the courses?
How many hours per week are we supposed to attend ?
How are the societies ?

The accommodation I can sort but I'm undecided if my first choice should be computer science in brookes or computer games technology at BCU..
Rolls_Reus_0wner
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
go for what interests you more. imo go brookes cause you can still probably do game development after doing a comp sci degree
shadwow
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
You can, I checked but first year modules are so different.
For example I know for a fact that at BCU you are studying 2d and 3d programming, cgi animation and modelling and data structures and algorithms.
It doesn't say anything in detail about the 1st year modules on the brookes site
(Original post by Rolls_Reus_0wner)
go for what interests you more. imo go brookes cause you can still probably do game development after doing a comp sci degree
Rolls_Reus_0wner
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by shadwow)
You can, I checked but first year modules are so different.
For example I know for a fact that at BCU you are studying 2d and 3d programming, cgi animation and modelling and data structures and algorithms.
It doesn't say anything in detail about the 1st year modules on the brookes site
depends really on what you are interested in. maybe you can have more of a games development comp sci degree so extra modules for gaming in Brookes
Oxford Brookes University
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by shadwow)
I have an offer to start my computer science degree in Brookes.

Can I get some insights from fellow students ?
How are the courses?
How many hours per week are we supposed to attend ?
How are the societies ?

The accommodation I can sort but I'm undecided if my first choice should be computer science in brookes or computer games technology at BCU..
Hi shadwow,
Congratulations on your offer to study Computer Science at Oxford Brookes! I am currently studying at Oxford Brookes and whilst I am not studying Computer Science I can hopefully give you some insight. I have loved studying at Oxford Brookes for the past 3 years so if you have any more specific questions about Oxford Brookes don't hesitate to ask!

In terms of hours a week, it varies depending on course and year of study so you won't have a definite answer until you get a timetable in first year. For more information on the course at Oxford Brookes follow this link: https://www.brookes.ac.uk/courses/un...puter-science/. There is also a link to the contact the enquiry centre at Oxford Brookes for more information.

There are a wide variety of societies at Oxford Brookes, for a full list follow this link: https://www.brookesunion.org.uk/groups. If you can't find the society you are looking for then you can even start your own society!

Hope this helps,
Amy
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (353)
46.26%
No (81)
10.62%
I'm not old enough (329)
43.12%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed