The Student Room Group

Do girls even study accounting and finance courses in uni or is it just a boys thing?

Mainly Leeds uni but feel free to reply
It's not just a guy thing, there will be girls studying it too.
Reply 2
Ah thanks that's good because I don't want to see the same faces only and want to make university a chance to explore/discover new mates and bonds on top of the learning and everything else that comes with it. Anyways how do you know did u study this course/studying currently?
Original post by Anonymous
I have one friend doing finance at King's and one doing accounting or something like that at Kent.
Ah thanks that's good because I don't want to see the same faces only and want to make university a chance to explore/discover new mates and bonds on top of the learning and everything else that comes with it. Anyways how do you know did u study this course/studying currently?

No I don't study it but there are bound to be girls studying it. I studied a subject that usually only boys do but I'm a girl and studied it and there were other girls in my class, there were more boys but there were girls.
All the people I know except one who are accountants or studied accountancy are women.
Reply 6
Reply 7
Really? Cool, I just thought the course may be Male dominant which is not exactly something I want
Original post by barnetlad
All the people I know except one who are accountants or studied accountancy are women.
At Leeds the ratio of male:female students studying Accounting and Finance is 39:61 (so a nearly double the amount of female students). https://university.which.co.uk/university-of-leeds-l23/courses/accounting-and-finance-bsc-hons-2019-19ddcc7699b9
Reply 9
Excellent I'm a boy but don't want the course do be dominated by males as I know my existing friends will be doing it and i want uni to be an opportunity for me to meet new people and get out me comfort zone. Also my school was all boys hence I don't wanna study a course containing all boys and only a couple if not any girls are doing
No I don't study it but there are bound to be girls studying it. I studied a subject that usually only boys do but I'm a girl and studied it and there were other girls in my class, there were more boys but there were girls.
Lol and is this leeds Beckett or the other one in Leeds because more specifically I want to get in Leeds b3cket fingers crossed
Original post by kazzykat95
At Leeds the ratio of male:female students studying Accounting and Finance is 39:61 (so a nearly double the amount of female students). https://university.which.co.uk/university-of-leeds-l23/courses/accounting-and-finance-bsc-hons-2019-19ddcc7699b9
Lol and is this leeds Beckett or the other one in Leeds because more specifically I want to get in Leeds b3cket fingers crossed

Ah didn't realise that. The male:female ratio at Leeds Beckett for Accounting and Finance is actually 68:32: https://university.which.co.uk/leeds-metropolitan-university-l27/courses/accounting-finance-ba-hons-2019-1c7617f0f8cd
Well I am wanting to study accounting in uni so no it is not just a boy thing.
I am a girl btw
Original post by Middle_child
Well I am wanting to study accounting in uni so no it is not just a boy thing.
I am a girl btw

same here (: where are u thinking of applying?

Quick Reply

Latest