Report 1 month ago
I cant endorse throwing milkshakes, but can laugh
Wōden
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Jebedee)
Can you provide a source for this? I know about the headbutting. He did that to a neo nazi at a rally. I can't find anything about the girlfriend hitting and assaulting police officer there. The only assault on police officer I saw was a very dubious accusation from barely touching a copper at another rally.
You won't, because there is nothing to find. Wikipedia merely states that he was charged and convicted of assaulting an off-duty police officer who apparently intervened to 'protect' Tommy's girlfriend from Tommy. Nowhere though does it state that Tommy physically attacked his girlfriend. And had he done so at any point, especially in the presence of a police officer, surely he would have been charged and convicted of that also? But he wasn't, he was only charged with assaulting the off-duty officer, which would suggest it was probably just a heated argument between him and his girlfriend. As usual though when it comes to anything involving TR, the media distort the truth and blow it all out of proportion.
L i b
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Trotsky's Iceaxe)
You conveniently omit to mention that one of people hospitalised with a broken nose allege that they were attacked by a Robinson supporter.
That's really just whataboutery.
paul514
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Trotsky's Iceaxe)
You conveniently omit to mention that one of people hospitalised with a broken nose allege that they were attacked by a Robinson supporter.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...cheshire-event

If Tommy Robinson was looking to avoid violent confrontation, he would hire professional security who have a sense of restraint and don't wildly swing their fists at people at the first opportunity. Instead he walks around with a thuggish entourage of cronies. If you watch some of the videos, when Robinson talks to people, his cronies encircle them. That's designed to intimidate. We can see videos of his cronies pushing and lashing out at people. We can see videos of his supporters verbally threatening people with violence. Only last month, Robinson turned up on a journalist's doorstep at night to intimidate him.

Robinson's background is in football hooliganism and the EDL. He has multiple criminal convictions, including for violence. He is not interested in serious political discourse. He thrives on this sort of confrontation and he knows what he is doing. Robinson headbutted someone because the man had a verbal disagreement with him. That a serious step up from having a milkshake thrown over you.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.u...-in-blackburn/

Having read some of your posts, I suspect you have far-right sympathies, so I understand why you are trying to defend him. It a common trope of the far-right to cast themselves as victims, as persecuted, as discriminated against, etc. Thankfully most people can see straight through this whining and can see Robinson for the nasty thuggish shite that he is.
When you pay for his security detail then I am sure he will be happy to accept it.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Given he has actively been involved in inciting political violence, or at the very least happily tolerating it, this would seem to be a 'chickens coming home to roost' thing.

But given that he had a milkshake thrown at him and he's the one who then tried to batter some kid this would seem to be a rather whiny complaint to start with. Something typical of the far right these days who do little more than moan about how everyone's being mean to them. Almost touching really.
Napp
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by L i b)
That's really just whataboutery.
Doesnt make his point wrong though...
Napp
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Wōden)
You won't, because there is nothing to find. Wikipedia merely states that he was charged and convicted of assaulting an off-duty police officer who apparently intervened to 'protect' Tommy's girlfriend from Tommy. Nowhere though does it state that Tommy physically attacked his girlfriend. And had he done so at any point, especially in the presence of a police officer, surely he would have been charged and convicted of that also? But he wasn't, he was only charged with assaulting the off-duty officer, which would suggest it was probably just a heated argument between him and his girlfriend. As usual though when it comes to anything involving TR, the media distort the truth and blow it all out of proportion.
It means absolutely nothing of the sort. The CPS will only press charges if they believe it is in the public interest, and more crucially, if they're sure they'll get a conviction.
That isnt to say he did assault his lady friend but you cant say he didn't based on the charge sheet - and especially what hes actually been convicted of.
Jebedee
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Napp)
Given he has actively been involved in inciting political violence, or at the very least happily tolerating it, this would seem to be a 'chickens coming home to roost' thing.

But given that he had a milkshake thrown at him and he's the one who then tried to batter some kid this would seem to be a rather whiny complaint to start with. Something typical of the far right these days who do little more than moan about how everyone's being mean to them. Almost touching really.
Not really following the thought process here. Retaliation based on indirect alleged actions is reasonable to you. I.e he deserved it because he may or may not have partaken in violence at some undefined moment in history. But direct retaliation for an event happening moments before is all of a sudden unacceptable? FYI the "kid" he repeatedly "punched" (loose usage of terms there) was the same one who assaulted him first. And was so distraught and afraid that he's filmed laughing about it with his mates afterwards.
(Original post by Napp)
It means absolutely nothing of the sort. The CPS will only press charges if they believe it is in the public interest, and more crucially, if they're sure they'll get a conviction.
That isnt to say he did assault his lady friend but you cant say he didn't based on the charge sheet - and especially what hes actually been convicted of.
We can simply apply Occams razor here. You can't justify any and all allegations against a person because they may have been charged with it historically. Besides, the CPS would absolutely follow through if they had anything especially something like that against TR of all people. It'd be a field day for them.
Napp
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Not really following the thought process here. Retaliation based on indirect alleged actions is reasonable to you. I.e he deserved it because he may or may not have partaken in violence at some undefined moment in history. But direct retaliation for an event happening moments before is all of a sudden unacceptable? FYI the "kid" he repeatedly "punched" (loose usage of terms there) was the same one who assaulted him first. And was so distraught and afraid that he's filmed laughing about it with his mates afterwards.
I dont recall saying "he deserved it"?
Err are you denying the video where we can quite clearly see him proceed to give a few solid punches to the person? Are you somehow justifying battering someone for poring a drink on you? The kid might have been an ass to start it but punching someone in the face is not even close to comparable to throwing a drink. What a ridiculous suggestion.
We can simply apply Occams razor here. You can't justify any and all allegations against a person because they may have been charged with it historically. Besides, the CPS would absolutely follow through if they had anything especially something like that against TR of all people. It'd be a field day for them.
[/quote]
Apply what you like, that is how the legal system there works.
And stop saying I justified anything, i never once intimated such a thing.
No, no they wouldnt. I'm aware you believe this rather amusing conspiracy theory that everyone is out to get Stevie boy but seeing as there isn't a shred of proof to back it up with i'd appreciate it if you stopped trying to use it as an argument.
Besides, the theory goes the political class hate him (may or may not be true, its irrelevant here) the CPS are civil servants, they don't serve political masters.
Jebedee
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Napp)
I dont recall saying "he deserved it"?
Err are you denying the video where we can quite clearly see him proceed to give a few solid punches to the person? Are you somehow justifying battering someone for poring a drink on you? The kid might have been an ass to start it but punching someone in the face is not even close to comparable to throwing a drink. What a ridiculous suggestion.
No I'm not denying it. If some random threw a milkshake over me I'd feel fully justified in rearranging their dental work for them, because they forced the situation not me. Go try that around some working class areas and see what happens for yourself. Besides, I wouldn't call that a battering, it was barely a quick dig before he ran off. If you think that was a battering then you must have had a pretty cushy upbringing.

Against TR, the legal system is a law unto itself as we have seen over the years. It is selectively applied which is proven not only in this recent event but every incident over years.

The CPS can be used by the political class as a bullying tool. They may not be able to fully prosecute if he has a decent legal team at the time but they can drag him endlessly through the legal system and waste his money on legal fees to no end.

If you agree he didn't deserve the milkshake then I take it you would be in support of prosecuting the attacker to be consistent with the prosecutions that were made after incidents involving JC and Anna Soubry. But I guess not because that would involve having principles.
The RAR
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I don't support this kind of behaviour for legal reasons, but just couldn't help myself but laugh when the milkshake was thrown at him, what is there something wrong with that? That's my free speech as you lot say!
paul514
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by The RAR)
I don't support this kind of behaviour for legal reasons, but just couldn't help myself but laugh when the milkshake was thrown at him, what is there something wrong with that? That's my free speech as you lot say!
If your understanding of free speech is throwing stuff at people that says a lot about you.
Napp
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No I'm not denying it. If some random threw a milkshake over me I'd feel fully justified in rearranging their dental work for them, because they forced the situation not me. Go try that around some working class areas and see what happens for yourself. Besides, I wouldn't call that a battering, it was barely a quick dig before he ran off. If you think that was a battering then you must have had a pretty cushy upbringing.
Maybe, maybe not but as far as proportionality goes knocking someones teeth out over a milkshake would seem excessive.
I'd really rather not. Not to mention Yaxley-lennon is by no means working class anymore.
Yeah unfortunately the law begs to differ on that.
Against TR, the legal system is a law unto itself as we have seen over the years. It is selectively applied which is proven not only in this recent event but every incident over years.
Do i smell another conspiracy theory? At any rate, whilst it may or may not be would you be kind enough to give an example for this?
The CPS can be used by the political class as a bullying tool. They may not be able to fully prosecute if he has a decent legal team at the time but they can drag him endlessly through the legal system and waste his money on legal fees to no end.
Do you have any evidence to back that up? I'm not saying you're wrong per-se but i wouldnt mind seeing an example of this.
If you agree he didn't deserve the milkshake then I take it you would be in support of prosecuting the attacker to be consistent with the prosecutions that were made after incidents involving JC and Anna Soubry. But I guess not because that would involve having principles.
That is not what i said. I said the chap was wrong to throw a milkshake on him... Lennon deserved it eitherway though.
By all means prosecute them? Why do you think i give a **** about those two? :lol: I dislike all politicos of all stripes.

Yes, something i imagine you're unfamiliar with.[/quote]
Napp
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by paul514)
If your understanding of free speech is throwing stuff at people that says a lot about you.
It’s a milkshake, why are you lot making out it’s like he threw a petrol bomb?!
paul514
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Napp)
It’s a milkshake, why are you lot making out it’s like he threw a petrol bomb?!
Throwing anything at someone isn’t acceptable, it’s difficult understand why anyone thinks that’s acceptable but like I said that says more about you to people reading
Napp
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Throwing anything at someone isn’t acceptable, it’s difficult understand why anyone thinks that’s acceptable but like I said that says more about you to people reading
Really? It’s an incredibly long and noble tradition to pelt politicians (and ***** like lenon) with various food and drinks...
would you be more happy if he stabbed him or?
I don’t think it says anything about me thanks.
paul514
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Napp)
Really? It’s an incredibly long and noble tradition to pelt politicians (and ***** like lenon) with various food and drinks...
would you be more happy if he stabbed him or?
I don’t think it says anything about me thanks.
He should talk to him, I thought that was obvious
The RAR
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I never said that throwing the milkshake is part of free speech, obviously is not. I was referring to the laughing part as free speech, as it's just a laugh, and a laugh is pretty much like words as you can hear them like words, it does in my opinion at least fall under the protection of free speech.
Napp
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
He should talk to him, I thought that was obvious
Given the alleged abuse he was already throwing at the kid why should he?
And yes I will be taking the word of the milkshake thrower over that of a serial offender...
paul514
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Napp)
Given the alleged abuse he was already throwing at the kid why should he?
And yes I will be taking the word of the milkshake thrower over that of a serial offender...
Ok you think what you like people can see the video which includes the lead up and see how dumb your comment is and how you think throwing things at people you disagree with to be acceptable.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you give blood?

Yes - I am a regular donator! (19)
6.15%
Yes - I have once or twice (20)
6.47%
I would like to... (134)
43.37%
No - I cannot give blood (74)
23.95%
No - I don't wish to (62)
20.06%