The Student Room Group

will sixth forms and universities hold this against me?

so I'm 15 (year 10) and I've recently been suspended for getting caught shoplifting from a local store. police thankfully did not get involved.

aside from this im a very hardworking student with a good work ethic and a kind and caring attitude towards others.

the shoplifting incident occurred after a girl put some canned drinks into my bag and I left the shop with them. I knew that this was wrong however did not confront her on this due to my severe socal anxiety. I know that I would not have done something like this if I was 100% well but at the moment my mental health is far from the best (after multiple hospital admissions for my mental health i have an emergency assessment with an adolescent crisis team coming up).

the question is - will sixth forms and universities be able to see this on my record and hold it against me when applying for positions?
Original post by Anonymous
so I'm 15 (year 10) and I've recently been suspended for getting caught shoplifting from a local store. police thankfully did not get involved.

aside from this im a very hardworking student with a good work ethic and a kind and caring attitude towards others.

the shoplifting incident occurred after a girl put some canned drinks into my bag and I left the shop with them. I knew that this was wrong however did not confront her on this due to my severe socal anxiety. I know that I would not have done something like this if I was 100% well but at the moment my mental health is far from the best (after multiple hospital admissions for my mental health i have an emergency assessment with an adolescent crisis team coming up).

the question is - will sixth forms and universities be able to see this on my record and hold it against me when applying for positions?

Can't say for sixth forms for sure, but as it isn't on your criminal record it shouldn't be a major issue for universities.
No, I wouldn't worry about it, either they won't see it because it's not on your record or not care because it was a minor offence. You could even use it in your favour at uni/ sixth form interviews of how you grew from the situation or learned to stick up for yourself. Don't worry too much about it!
They don't care about things like that.
If the police didn't get involved it wouldn't be on your criminal record, so Im sure you're fine.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending