What grade is this? Watch

Claydo66
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
I just completed a practice paper 3 for higher GCSE maths edexcel and got 71%.
I understand that there are grade boundaries and all but roughly what grade would this be just because my friend reckons it’s an 8.
This has made me very confident as only a few months ago I was failing, not putting in the work and coming out with 4s at higher. My teacher tried to convince me to do foundation but with revision I have improved greatly in such a short amount of time. Bot only that but I just feel everything has started to click more easily than it did before. My teacher has agreed to let me do higher and has even told me I could probably get a 7. If this grade is an 8 then that has really boosted my confidence since I will have to do A level maths next year.
Last edited by Claydo66; 5 months ago

Aryan3031
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
what exam board
(Original post by Claydo66)
I just completed a practice paper 3 for higher GCSE maths and got 71%.
I understand that there are grade boundaries and all but roughly what grade would this be just because my friend reckons it’s an 8.
This has made me very confident as only a few months ago I was failing, not putting in the work and coming out with 4s at higher. My teacher tried to convince me to do foundation but with revision I have improved greatly in such a short amount of time. Bot only that but I just feel everything has started to click more easily than it did before. My teacher has agreed to let me do higher and has even told me I could probably get a 7. If this grade is an 8 then that has really boosted my confidence since I will have to do A level maths next year.
OllyDaws
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
if this edexcel its just above an 8 if u did last yrs papers (170 over the 3 papers is a 8)
hdurber
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
This is a grade 7. Per paper it is:

59/80 for an 8
72/80 for a 9

71% works out at just under 57 marks so you are 2 marks off an 8, IF the grade boundaries remain the same and this is for AQA by the way
Claydo66
Rep:
?
I should have mentioned it is edexcel
Last edited by Claydo66; 5 months ago
OllyDaws
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I should have mentioned it is edexcel
an 8 but grades my change so high 7 low 8
Claydo66
Rep:
?
I understand the boundaries would change but if you had to give an estimate what would you say a 9 would be?
Aryan3031
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I reckon a 9 will be high up this year based on examiners feedback I reckon 85/6% for a 9 if not a bit more
I understand the boundaries would change but if you had to give an estimate what would you say a 9 would be?
Claydo66
Rep:
?
That’s a bit disheartening I won’t lie. Just means I’ll have to work even harder.
Aryan3031
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
yeah I hate to break it but it's the truth
better to over prepare just in case especially as you need a 9 to do further maths a level
That’s a bit disheartening I won’t lie. Just means I’ll have to work even harder.
Claydo66
Rep:
?
My 6th form doesn’t offer further maths unfortunately but I’m looking to do a sciences and want to get into a higher university so maths will be needed. I do enjoy maths just it takes me a while to understand. I certainly don’t have natural ability for it and am more of what one might call “English minded” rather than “maths minded” when it comes to subjects. This is annoying as I much prefer physics maths etc to for example English and history. Let’s say I like the challenge of it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Oct '19
  • Brunel University London
    Sat, 26 Oct '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Sat, 26 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (102)
24.34%
No (317)
75.66%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed