The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE History - Cold War/Elizabethan England (Paper 2)06 Jun [Exam Discussion]

Scroll to see replies

You have to know the content, please check my summary:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5984818&p=83696968#post83696968
To be honest, each individual gets lucky if their strongest point in the content comes up in the exam. You'll pass I'm sure of it. Just know the content and try to make it as best as possible, there's nothing you can do in a day other than know what happened.
Original post by Tyler Molyneux
How do You pass Cold War 😢
My school give us this structure, and it's really easy to get higher levels with it as long as you are good with content.

For the 12 mark Elizabeth: Point, Evidence, Explain x3
Sentence starters- One reason why (what the question says) was because of …..
This was when …………...
This (what the question says) because...………...

For the 16 mark Elizabeth: Agree Point Evidence Explain, Disagree Point Evidence Explain, agree/disagree Point Evidence Explain, Conclusion.
Sentence starters- One reason I agree/disagree with the statement is because...……….
For example...……………...
This was/was not (what the statement says) because...……..
Do this two more times, with at least one agree and one disagree paragraph, and then add a conclusion summing up whether you agree/disagree overall

I'll see if I can find my notes on Cold War structure.

Original post by liaente
Hiya!
Well to be honest I'm quite terrible at everything except the "feature" question in Elizabeth.
I would like some help for the 12 mark, 16 mark for Elizabeth.
The 8 mark narrative, 8 mark significance & consequences for Cold War.
Thanks so much! You're a big help! :biggrin:
Original post by K Russell
My school give us this structure, and it's really easy to get higher levels with it as long as you are good with content.

For the 12 mark Elizabeth: Point, Evidence, Explain x3
Sentence starters- One reason why (what the question says) was because of …..
This was when …………...
This (what the question says) because...………...

For the 16 mark Elizabeth: Agree Point Evidence Explain, Disagree Point Evidence Explain, agree/disagree Point Evidence Explain, Conclusion.
Sentence starters- One reason I agree/disagree with the statement is because...……….
For example...……………...
This was/was not (what the statement says) because...……..
Do this two more times, with at least one agree and one disagree paragraph, and then add a conclusion summing up whether you agree/disagree overall

I'll see if I can find my notes on Cold War structure.
No problem! For Cold War:

8 mark narrative: Point Evidence Explain, link, Point Evidence Explain, link, Point Evidence
Sentence starters- One of the key events of (what the question asks) was...……….
This was when.........…….
This led to (second event) because...…….
Do the same for the second event, but for the last event just explain the event and don't link it to anything.

For significance, I'm guessing you mean the 'Explain the importance of...…..' which is 16 marks
PEE one of the options, PEE another option
Sentence starters- (First option) was important because...…………
This was when...…...……...
This (whatever the questions says e.g. worsened US-Cuba relations) because...……..
Do the same for your second option

Consequences: PEE x2
Sentence starters- One of the consequences of (what question asks) was...……..
This was when/for example......……............…..
This led to/(whatever you put as your point) because...……...……..
Original post by liaente

Original post by liaente
Hiya!
Well to be honest I'm quite terrible at everything except the "feature" question in Elizabeth.

8 mark narrative: Point Evidence Explain, link, Point Evidence Explain, link, Point Evidence
Do the same for the second event, but for the last event just explain the event and don't link it to anything.

For significance, I'm guessing you mean the 'Explain the importance of...…..' which is 16 marks
This (whatever the questions says e.g. worsened US-Cuba relations) because...……..

Original post by liaente

Original post by liaente
Hiya!
My formatting has gone weird, sorry, but I hope you get the gist of it

Thanks once again!!! :smile: :h:

Glad I could help! Sorry about the formatting for the Cold War one, I don't know why it did that. :s-smilie:
it's ok!!
Glad I could help! Sorry about the formatting for the Cold War one, I don't know why it did that. :s-smilie:
How did we find it?!
It was gooddd but I accidentally did a wrong fact for the Hungarian question DDDD;
Original post by EliteWhovian
It was gooddd but I accidentally did a wrong fact for the Hungarian question DDDD;

What did you do?
I muddled it up with the Czech invasion, so I said 500,000 soviet troops put inside Hungary
Original post by Evil Homer
What did you do?
I muddled it up with the Czech invasion, so I said 500,000 soviet troops put inside Hungary

ahh that sucks! I know what it's like I get those confused all the time and I studied Soviet History at degree level!

I'm sure it won't effect anything too much. Congratulations on getting through I'm sure its going to be fine :biggrin:

I mean, there were still troops/tanks that came from the Soviet Union to Hungary after Nagy didn’t listen to their orders, so you’re still good. I don’t suppose they can mark you down for a wrong number. Don’t worry too much :godancing:
It was a beautiful paper.
I wish I just revised a little bit more of Virginia, I didn't expect it because it was in the last paper but I still wrote good stuff and I guessed it - luck was on my side and once I checked it was all correct. :smile:
Just a few details would've made it better.
Thank you so much, means a lot! I hope so xD
Original post by Evil Homer
ahh that sucks! I know what it's like I get those confused all the time and I studied Soviet History at degree level!

I'm sure it won't effect anything too much. Congratulations on getting through I'm sure its going to be fine :biggrin:
Original post by liaente
It was a beautiful paper.
I wish I just revised a little bit more of Virginia, I didn't expect it because it was in the last paper but I still wrote good stuff and I guessed it - luck was on my side and once I checked it was all correct. :smile:
Just a few details would've made it better.

Yay :h:
Alrighty thank you so much, hope you smashed it!
Original post by RazzzBerries
I mean, there were still troops/tanks that came from the Soviet Union to Hungary after Nagy didn’t listen to their orders, so you’re still good. I don’t suppose they can mark you down for a wrong number. Don’t worry too much :godancing:
Alrighty thank you so much, hope you smashed it!

Ahhh fingers crossed 🤞🏽

Quick Reply

Latest