The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Paige_26
I got a grade 7

Same
thats really good, i wasnt expecting it but i got a grade 9
I got an 8 :frown: I got 87 in coursework which got moderated down to 78 costing me my 9
Reply 323
Original post by Ragzey
Btw how strict where they on the nea
Cause I am currently on doing the design analysis page and dont know how much content is enough

Hi,
On that first page you should focus upon summarising and listing the things you intend to research and do as well as clearly stating that you understand the design context. You can do this by stating a ‘design problem’ linked to your chosen context and then by outlining some research (data etc) which backs up your problem. For example.. if you are interested in designing something to support special needs children in the classroom you would look at some data/stats which proves the problem exists.
The task analysis is a big mind map, I get my students to draw this and scan it in. Focus upon ACCESSFM for the headings. For some of your headings, add a bit of text to elaborate on some of your favoured findings.
I got a 8
Original post by PetitePanda
I got a 8

Same lmao started my nea manufacturing a few weeks before submission and started revising for the exam the night before still got an 8
to those who have already done the gcse, please can you send me your coursework as i'm am unsure about how much i'll have to do to get one of the top grades...thank you! :smile:
Original post by woaini21
to those who have already done the gcse, please can you send me your coursework as i'm am unsure about how much i'll have to do to get one of the top grades...thank you! :smile:

If you send your email in dm, I’ll send you my final pro folio I handed in but there’s also my questions for my client, my research reference and my analysis of each design possibility if u want?
Reply 328
I got a 9
If you send your email in dm, I’ll send you my final pro folio I handed in but there’s also my questions for my client, my research reference and my analysis of each design possibility if u want?

yes they would help so much! thanks a bunch !! :smile:
Reply 330
Original post by 1uk3y
Hi,
On that first page you should focus upon summarising and listing the things you intend to research and do as well as clearly stating that you understand the design context. You can do this by stating a ‘design problem’ linked to your chosen context and then by outlining some research (data etc) which backs up your problem. For example.. if you are interested in designing something to support special needs children in the classroom you would look at some data/stats which proves the problem exists.
The task analysis is a big mind map, I get my students to draw this and scan it in. Focus upon ACCESSFM for the headings. For some of your headings, add a bit of text to elaborate on some of your favoured findings.

Thanks for the help but how can you implement the research. Could you add a hyper link to the website for said research or should i quote from it?
Reply 331
Original post by woaini21
yes they would help so much! thanks a bunch !! :smile:

C

Could you please send it to me as well as it would help me a lot.
Thanks.
Closing this now :smile: if you need help on your projects it's best to start a new thread :yep:
Well done everyone for surviving GCSE dt :woo: hopefully some of you will stick around to help out this year's cohort :biggrin:

Latest