National 5 Spanish 2018-19

Everyone ready for Tuesday??

Scroll to see replies

Lol no
Original post by Willoxl
Everyone ready for Tuesday??
Reply 2
So hard to revise for listening!! @Anonymous.pupil
Does anyone know if it's okay to write more than the question asks you for?

For example if the question asks "Name two things that Maria likes to do in her free time" is it okay if I write three (in case one is wrong) or will I be penalized?

Also GOOD LUCK to everyone else sitting the exam tomorrow!!!
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by owery
Does anyone have any idea what the unpredictable bullet points for the job application will be this year? Pretty much prepared for everything else but there's so many unpredictables to learn

I'm just making sure I know my verb endings and tenses so I'm able to answer any. I have also practiced some that my teacher gave me so I might have a quick look at those, but don't get too stressed over them as they're only a small part of the writing exam!!
Reply 5
Original post by Sacha Wylie
Does anyone know if it's okay to write more than the question asks you for?

For example if the question asks "Name two things that Maria likes to do in her free time" is it okay if I write three (in case one is wrong) or will I be penalized?

Also GOOD LUCK to everyone else sitting the exam tomorrow!!!

I often do this and it’s totally fine within reason so not like “what day of the week does Anna swim?” Obviously you couldn’t put more than one day there but otherwise it’s fine.
Original post by Willoxl
I often do this and it’s totally fine within reason so not like “what day of the week does Anna swim?” Obviously you couldn’t put more than one day there but otherwise it’s fine.

Thanks so much!! 😀😀
Been worrying about that all day 😂😂
Can we bring our own dictionaries and if so do they need to be checked prior to the exam?
Reply 8
Original post by niamhE123
Can we bring our own dictionaries and if so do they need to be checked prior to the exam?

Yes you can bring your own dictionary and usually it varies as some invigilators do and some don’t but either way just make sure you have no writing of your own inside of it.

If you take your own you can put sticky labels at all the letters and I cannot stress how much quicker it is in a reading/writing!!!

I think you probably can bring your own, but your school will provide them for you as well. If you do bring your own though I would show it to the invigilator before you go into your exam.
Thanks so much! That's a great idea.
Original post by Willoxl
Yes you can bring your own dictionary and usually it varies as some invigilators do and some don’t but either way just make sure you have no writing of your own inside of it.

If you take your own you can put sticky labels at all the letters and I cannot stress how much quicker it is in a reading/writing!!!
Thank you!
Original post by Sacha Wylie
I think you probably can bring your own, but your school will provide them for you as well. If you do bring your own though I would show it to the invigilator before you go into your exam.
Good luck with the exam tomorrow! :smile:
Reply 13
I feel it appropriate to quote the official SQA a website:

“In the exam room

During the exam, you're only allowed to take items needed for the exam to your allocated seat. You're not allowed:

electronic devices including mobile phones, MP3 players, tablets and smartwatches, or any other device that is web-enabled or stores information
calculator or dictionary - except in specified subjects and should meet SQA regulations
calculator cases or pencil cases
books, notes, sketches, paper of any kind
If you want to use your own dictionary for any Modern Languages exam, make sure you get it checked first: your teacher or lecturer will be able to tell you how.”
How did you all find the exam?
Reply 15
I mean I found it really easy.
What were the unpredictable bullet points?
Original post by Jb1803
I mean I found it really easy.
Reply 17
Why you want to work in Spain and when you will be able to start the job.
ok:smile:
Original post by Jb1803
Why you want to work in Spain and when you will be able to start the job.
I thought it was all fine apart from the second listening. The acoustics in the room where I was were terrible and the bloke on the tape had quite a raspy voice so most of what he said got lost.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending