The Student Room Group

Cheating

do people feel bad for cheating? Like what goes through someone's mind when they do that? I'm just trying to understand it
I cam only speak for myself but in the moment it was just a meaningless act. Like it was purely because of physical pleasure. But the remorse and regret hits you like a ton of bricks. You just wanna desperately turn back the f**king clock.
With me personally, it was my own insecurities. I didn’t feel good enough and stupidly I went elsewhere to seek some sort of validation. It wasn’t worth it and I didn’t feel any better after. Just riddled with guilt and I felt sooo stupid. It was an impulsive act with stupid motives. One of the biggest mistakes I’ve made.
Original post by Anonymous
do people feel bad for cheating? Like what goes through someone's mind when they do that? I'm just trying to understand it

I don't think I'll understand it either. But lots of people attempt (and fail) to justify it by saying things like:

"I was super drunk / high"
"we hadn't had sex in ages"
"it was only physical"
"the relationship was broken anyway"
"it didn't mean anything"
Reply 4
Would you guys say it's mostly just meaningless and just a moment of ego or to gain validation, or would you say it actually means something deeper than that, within the person?
I cam only speak for myself but in the moment it was just a meaningless act. Like it was purely because of physical pleasure. But the remorse and regret hits you like a ton of bricks. You just wanna desperately turn back the f**king clock.

Original post by A.Wynterxx
With me personally, it was my own insecurities. I didn’t feel good enough and stupidly I went elsewhere to seek some sort of validation. It wasn’t worth it and I didn’t feel any better after. Just riddled with guilt and I felt sooo stupid. It was an impulsive act with stupid motives. One of the biggest mistakes I’ve made.

Original post by DrawTheLine
I don't think I'll understand it either. But lots of people attempt (and fail) to justify it by saying things like:

"I was super drunk / high"
"we hadn't had sex in ages"
"it was only physical"
"the relationship was broken anyway"
"it didn't mean anything"
I think it is a combination of all that you have listed. Personal issues with commitment, not being “ready”. It was meaningless but I knew what I was doing. I made a choice “in the moment” I chose to ignore what I knew would be the repercussions of my actions.

But it all really does depend on the situation and each individual. Some people cheat because they feel “trapped” in a relationship.
For me, it was just a a momentary lapse in judgement. It was mainly for validation. It wasn't anything deeper. Honestly I regretted it the very second it started but just carried on.
Would you guys say it's mostly just meaningless and just a moment of ego or to gain validation, or would you say it actually means something deeper than that, within the person?
Reply 7

Because they're white.
Reply 8

Meh, not necessarily. What do you mean 'what goes through they mind when they do that'? Usually you just think about the person you are about to have sex with.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending