M538 – Motion on the Sacking of the TSR Secretary of State for Defence 2019 Watch

This discussion is closed.
Saracen's Fez
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago

What is this thread about?
This is a joke motion in the Model House of Commons (MHoC). It's a proposed statement that is currently being debated, but I wouldn't take it too seriously! All are welcome and encouraged to ask questions about the motion's content and join in the debate – you don't have to be in a party or be an MP to do so.

What is the MHoC?
It's a political role-playing game where we pretend to be the House of Commons, and it's been going since 2005. We have formed parties, we have elections twice a year, and we debate bills and motions just like the real-life parliament. If you want to know more about how the MHoC works, your first port of call is the user manual. If you'd like to get involved and possibly join a party, you want the welcome thread.

M538 – Motion on the Sacking of the TSR Secretary of State for Defence 2019, thestudent33 MP
This House calls upon the Government to dismiss the TSR Secretary of State for Defence.

Notes
Since we emphasise so much on imitating the real-life parliament it is only fitting that The Rt Hon Life_peer MP is dismissed in order to imitate the real-life dismissal of Gavin Williamson.
Andrew97
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Lol.
Mr T 999
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Lmfao this is basically a VoNC :rofl:
barnetlad
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Has the TSR Secretary of State for Defence got children he can swear on his or her life about? Does the SofS keep a pet tarantula? We should be told!
Rakas21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Ha. Ha. Ha.
Life_peer
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Very anticlimactic and stupid. Shame.
Saunders16
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Lmfao
ns_2
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Mother of God.
Connor27
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Saracen's Fez I question why you have allowed this submission? Surely it’s a personal attack on Life_Peer which is by precedent forbidden following the Aphgate scandal?
SoggyCabbages
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
This motion should not have been accepted, shame on the Speaker Saracen's Fez. This is a personal attack, similar to Aphgate.
Saracen's Fez
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Connor27)
Saracen's Fez I question why you have allowed this submission? Surely it’s a personal attack on Life_Peer which is by precedent forbidden following the Aphgate scandal?
It's not a personal attack, it's a political call for him to resign, and a joking one based on an unrelated RL event at that. Nothing about Life_peer's character is attacked or mocked in this motion.
username3973192
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
:hahaha:
(Original post by Life_peer)
Very anticlimactic and stupid. Shame.
What were you expecting? :rofl:
username3973192
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Connor27)
(Original post by SoggyCabbages)
This motion should not have been accepted, shame on the Speaker Saracen's Fez. This is a personal attack, similar to Aphgate.
Please explain what makes you think this is meant to be a personal attack :curious:
username3973192
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ns_2)
Mother of God.
How can God have a mother. He's God :rolleyes:
Life_peer
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by thestudent33)
How can God have a mother. He's God :rolleyes:
Perhaps you should invest the time currently allocated to writing silly motions into some education (or at least doing a quick search before rolling your eyes and coming across as an ignorant muppet): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cathol...#Mother_of_God
username3973192
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Life_peer)
Perhaps you should invest the time currently allocated to writing silly motions into some education (or at least doing a quick search before rolling your eyes and coming across as an ignorant muppet): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cathol...#Mother_of_God
I did some research before replying: https://www.urbandictionary.com/defi...her%20of%20god :rolleyes:

But I still think it's a very contradictory term.

(P.s. the motion is not silly )
Andrew97
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by thestudent33)
I did some research before replying: https://www.urbandictionary.com/defi...her%20of%20god :rolleyes:

But I still think it's a very contradictory term.

(P.s. the motion is not silly )
It is rather silly.
username3973192
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Andrew97)
It is rather silly.
how?
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
At least put some effort in...
username3973192
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Jammy Duel)
At least put some effort in...
What do you mean
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Chemistry Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (181)
32.5%
The paper was reasonable (273)
49.01%
Not feeling great about that exam... (62)
11.13%
It was TERRIBLE (41)
7.36%

Watched Threads