The Student Room Group

HELP!!! I love my best mate

I think I am in love with my best bud in school?
We are both in a boys boarding school and he's straight.
Sometimes I flirt with him as bant and he's fine with it....
What should I do?
No homo tho right?
Imma be blunt right now, if he straight, let it go.
Reply 3
I kinda feel attracted to him as in I want his companionship and we usually have a great time hanging out, even if we're just chilling at a park.
Whenever we go on holiday I can't stop thinking about him and it's so happy seeing him on sc.
The flirting was no homo and it just pure bant
I don't know if that something normal or it's getting a bit too far and weird.

Just putting it out there I am never physically or sexually attracted to him I just enjoy being with him.
Well, if you're not physically or sexually attracted to him, what's the problem? Just be his bro for life.
Reply 5
Is it normal to have that feeling with best bud?
Sounds silly and sad but I have never had a true close friend. They were all fake and would turn against you for their own benefits.
I really cherish this friendship/bromance that I would want to come across and weird or sth...
Original post by Thelawguy
Sounds silly and sad but I have never had a true close friend. They were all fake and would turn against you for their own benefits.
I really cherish this friendship/bromance that I would want to come across and weird or sth...

I think if you are good friends you can be that way. You are not sexually/physically attracted to him so it is normal.

But what is your sexuality? If you don't think you are gay/bi then dw about it bro
Really wouldn’t worry about this - I’m a straight girl and had this with a close female friend (who is bi). I really liked her - and still do - and mistook this for romantic/sexual attraction. Realised after I gw her (thinking I might feel something) that it was purely platonic. But you may be feeling how I felt - really close to someone, trust them and feel a lot for them- but it’s platonic. I wouldn’t overthink unless this is part of a larger confusion about your sexuality
Reply 8
Original post by Anonymous
Really wouldn’t worry about this - I’m a straight girl and had this with a close female friend (who is bi). I really liked her - and still do - and mistook this for romantic/sexual attraction. Realised after I gw her (thinking I might feel something) that it was purely platonic. But you may be feeling how I felt - really close to someone, trust them and feel a lot for them- but it’s platonic. I wouldn’t overthink unless this is part of a larger confusion about your sexuality

Yeah I think that kinda sums it up pretty neatly.... Is it weird if we give each other hugs????
I think I’m straight but the reason why I have doubts is because I never have that kind of attraction for a girl. However, this may be because I have been in a boys school for the last couple of years and never had an opportunity to see a girl every day and know her so well that I would open up to her and trust her.....
Yeah I think that kinda sums it up pretty neatly.... Is it weird if we give each other hugs????
I think I’m straight but the reason why I have doubts is because I never have that kind of attraction for a girl. However, this may be because I have been in a boys school for the last couple of years and never had an opportunity to see a girl every day and know her so well that I would open up to her and trust her.....

So you’re saying you’re only ‘attracted’ this one boy? Honestly you might like him but you may be thinking that you don’t because of internalised homophobia or something. Are you sure you wouldn’t want to do anything physical with him? Sexuality isn’t so rigid - you could be biromantic/pansexual, but don’t feel the stress to label yourself. Do you want to be in a relationship with this boy (which would entail sexual intimacy)? Is he straight?

It could just be as you said, that you haven’t had much exposure to girls and so haven’t had a romantic connection with them. I think my advice would be to not overthink it for now - friends can flirt. But if you feel your feelings develop then that may help you understand your sexuality. Don’t stress x
Also - it’s absolutely fine to give hugs !! Being affectionate is not an inherently feminine quality.
Reply 11
Original post by Anonymous
So you’re saying you’re only ‘attracted’ this one boy? Honestly you might like him but you may be thinking that you don’t because of internalised homophobia or something. Are you sure you wouldn’t want to do anything physical with him? Sexuality isn’t so rigid - you could be biromantic/pansexual, but don’t feel the stress to label yourself. Do you want to be in a relationship with this boy (which would entail sexual intimacy)? Is he straight?

It could just be as you said, that you haven’t had much exposure to girls and so haven’t had a romantic connection with them. I think my advice would be to not overthink it for now - friends can flirt. But if you feel your feelings develop then that may help you understand your sexuality. Don’t stress x

Nah I definitely don’t want to bang him or anything like that....I just enjoy his company and spending time with him.
Okay, then don’t overthink it. I’m sure once you’ve had more romantic experience things will make more sense. It’s normal to have a ‘honeymoon period’/intense platonic relationship. Dw!
Nah I definitely don’t want to bang him or anything like that....I just enjoy his company and spending time with him.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending