Looking for go to a well known Boarding School. Watch

Deorbiting
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So I've currently just started to take my GCSE Exams again, ( I moved from a state school to a private school to retake my GCSE's due to getting Low passes) So I'm looking to go to a boarding school within a reasonable distance from London, So in the Southeast of England. I'm looking to board weekly So That I would be able to go home on the weekends if there was no school on Saturdays. Looking to Study A Level Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science and Economics.

Thanks in advance!
Royal Oak
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
HMP Brixton
Muttley79
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Deorbiting)
So I've currently just started to take my GCSE Exams again, ( I moved from a state school to a private school to retake my GCSE's due to getting Low passes) So I'm looking to go to a boarding school within a reasonable distance from London, So in the Southeast of England. I'm looking to board weekly So That I would be able to go home on the weekends if there was no school on Saturdays. Looking to Study A Level Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science and Economics.

Thanks in advance!
There is a state boarding school in High Wycombe - Royal Grammar School - look here: https://www.rgshw.com/page/?title=Boarding&pid=8
Wired_1800
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

Thanks in advance!
https://www.tatler.com/article/top-p...uth-west-wales
BlueIndigoViolet
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Eton (further out), Westminster, City of London, St. Pauls, Dulwich College, Harrow off the top of my head...
threeportdrift
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
There are several websites you can Google. You aren't going to get into Eton, Harrow, Wellington having redone your GCSEs, so you might have to moderate what you think of as 'well known'. You might also struggle to be allowed to board if you are two years older in the sixth form.
Deorbiting
Rep:
?
(Original post by threeportdrift)
There are several websites you can Google. You aren't going to get into Eton, Harrow, Wellington having redone your GCSEs, so you might have to moderate what you think of as 'well known'. You might also struggle to be allowed to board if you are two years older in the sixth form.
Thanks for the reply, I Understand I'm going to be able to Eton or Harrow, etc, But with regards to my age and boarding, I had yet to think about that so I will look into that. Thanks for the advice
IsMo987
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Wat exams have u fine and which exam boards
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Deorbiting
Rep:
?
(Original post by IsMo987)
Wat exams have u fine and which exam boards
Sorry? I don't understand?
Glycerate
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by threeportdrift)
Harrow School gave me a 98% scholarship to study there for the sixth form, having come from a state comprehensive myself, and yes they look for ambitious success,I was awarded such a prestigious foundation scholarship on behalf of my GCSE record, in addition to my super curricular activities- thereby adding cardinal importance to the emphasis of academic achievement. Boarding will be an issue, yes there are exats at Harrow (whereby every fortnight to 3 three weeks you can go home for the weekend, but by the OPs suggestions, Harrow is not the one)
Glycerate
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Thanks for the reply, I Understand I'm going to be able to Eton or Harrow, etc, But with regards to my age and boarding, I had yet to think about that so I will look into that. Thanks for the advice
You do realize that Eton will not consider you, you are above the age limit, likewise Harrow. Ironically, both schools are playing at Lord's on Monday.
Deorbiting
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I did realise??
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19
  • University of Bath
    Find out about life at the University and discover our diverse range of Undergraduate courses. Our course areas include the Sciences, Humanities & Social Sciences, Engineering & Design, and Management. Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19
  • University of Liverpool
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19

How did your AQA A-level Chemistry Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (263)
31.92%
The paper was reasonable (405)
49.15%
Not feeling great about that exam... (92)
11.17%
It was TERRIBLE (64)
7.77%

Watched Threads