Would it be ok in the long term to switch to biology? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
You see im a very indecisive person (or a perfectionist or idk) - i like my doors open. I love biology - its very interesting more so than FM i bet (which i am considering changing). I know i have the capability, and i have a brother in YR 13 who does the subjects i would do had i picked biology.

Im pulling my hairs out about this. Also, it is ok to let the boat sail on now? As in i can come back to it later if i needed?

Dont want a gap year btw (parents dont)
Anonymous #1
help
yzanne
  • Life & Style Forum Helper
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I would do Biology if I were you. Sort out a plan for future career options, then work backwards. Is Biology integral to a job? If so, what sector of jobs? Havign a passion and being good at something is a good place to start if you're not sure. :yep:
Anonymous #1
(Original post by yzanne)
I would do Biology if I were you. Sort out a plan for future career options, then work backwards. Is Biology integral to a job? If so, what sector of jobs? Havign a passion and being good at something is a good place to start if you're not sure. :yep:
Thank you for the reply! I hope being near the end of Yr 12 isn't too much a hassle ... but i have done some notes. Even so, i don't know what i want to do in the future! I wish i could just turn back time
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
bump
yzanne
  • Life & Style Forum Helper
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Thank you for the reply! I hope being near the end of Yr 12 isn't too much a hassle ... but i have done some notes. Even so, i don't know what i want to do in the future! I wish i could just turn back time
You and me both. Fellow year 12er who doesn't know what they want to do with their life :yep:
DrawTheLine
  • Volunteer Team
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
You see im a very indecisive person (or a perfectionist or idk) - i like my doors open. I love biology - its very interesting more so than FM i bet (which i am considering changing). I know i have the capability, and i have a brother in YR 13 who does the subjects i would do had i picked biology.

Im pulling my hairs out about this. Also, it is ok to let the boat sail on now? As in i can come back to it later if i needed?

Dont want a gap year btw (parents dont)
Hi! I've just moved your thread to the A-Levels forum where you'll find you get more useful replies. However, your post was given a very helpful answer so please only bump your thread if it has remained unanswered for 2+ days. Also, please only use the anon function for sensitive or personal issues such as mental health. Thank you!
Kangaroo17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by DrawTheLine)
Hi! I've just moved your thread to the A-Levels forum where you'll find you get more useful replies. However, your post was given a very helpful answer so please only bump your thread if it has remained unanswered for 2+ days. Also, please only use the anon function for sensitive or personal issues such as mental health. Thank you!
i was using anon becuase i don't want people to know.. and there are people i know on here :backstab:
DrawTheLine
  • Volunteer Team
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Kangaroo17)
i was using anon becuase i don't want people to know.. and there are people i know on here :backstab:
Unfortunately I did have to move your post to the correct forum. This helps you get more helpful responses and keeps TSR tidy. Your post doesn't contain any identifying information so there isn't justification for being anon. In future, please remember this when posting. Anon is to be used for sensitive or personal posts that you don't want linked to your account. Making a post about whether you should switch from Further Maths to Biology doesn't justify the use of this. If you did have any further questions or queries, please contact the CT for more advice.
Kangaroo17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by DrawTheLine)
Unfortunately I did have to move your post to the correct forum. This helps you get more helpful responses and keeps TSR tidy. Your post doesn't contain any identifying information so there isn't justification for being anon. In future, please remember this when posting. Anon is to be used for sensitive or personal posts that you don't want linked to your account. Making a post about whether you should switch from Further Maths to Biology doesn't justify the use of this. If you did have any further questions or queries, please contact the CT for more advice.
"personal posts that you don't want linked to your account."
thats me. long story short someone i know is on here and i dont really want them to know? its not that hard to understand.
justsomeguy17
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
If you don't enjoy FM then I would make the switch to Biology.
At this stage imho it's better to choose your subjects based on what you enjoy rather than your future career prospects.
Kangaroo17
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by yzanne)
You and me both. Fellow year 12er who doesn't know what they want to do with their life :yep:
More the merrier haha
but honestly it seems like much of our choices is based on fate/probability
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• London Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Mini Open Evening - Holloway Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 May '19
  • Brunel University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (194)
22.51%
The paper was reasonable (361)
41.88%
Not feeling great about that exam... (168)
19.49%
It was TERRIBLE (139)
16.13%

Watched Threads