The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Psychology Paper 1 8182/1 - 24 May 2019 [Exam Discussion]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Should do they made a completely new syllabus

Original post by mjhmichael18
I hope the grade boundaries will be low too. They should be as it is the first year. I know I have got at least 1 mark. I really want to get a 4 in this subject. I believe that 50 marks on each paper is needed for that so I hope I got at least that.
How did it go today guys?
Reply 22
What question did you get up to?

Tbh, Iam not sure, I know I completed the frequency table question, not sure what number that was?! As time was running out I answered a few more short questions after that and started to draw my graph but didn't complete it. Iam hoping I have done enough
Original post by MaccaB
Tbh, Iam not sure, I know I completed the frequency table question, not sure what number that was?! As time was running out I answered a few more short questions after that and started to draw my graph but didn't complete it. Iam hoping I have done enough

I think that was question 19.1 as I also remember doing and completing that question. I hope I have done enough to get a grade 4 as that is what I want in this subject.
Reply 24
How many questions was there in total? Oh dear! I am worried now. Iam sure you will get a 4. At least now we know what to expect on paper 2! Good luck.
I think that was question 19.1 as I also remember doing and completing that question. I hope I have done enough to get a grade 4 as that is what I want in this subject.
Original post by MaccaB
How many questions was there in total? Oh dear! I am worried now. Iam sure you will get a 4. At least now we know what to expect on paper 2! Good luck.

There were 25.2 questions altogether as far as I can recall.
Original post by tasnimali2492
Honestly this was me to, what did you draw for the frequency table? And I already know I got the 1 markers wrong...

Some random two way table
Had to leave out the frequency table in order to get the points for the mobile phone analysis. What was that 1hr 45mins about! I knew all the answers, didn't look up and wrote like a demon, and even then had to miss out a four pointer. Time to check my answers, did I heck...
I think I did okay in Psychology Paper 1 exam. I know I got at least one mark. I didn’t finish the paper as you may already know but I remember I got up to question 19.2 and I lost 19 marks out of a possible 100 so I think it is possible for me to pass but it does still depend on how Paper 2 goes.

For question 1 I put semantic and I am certain that is correct. For the second Samir question I put that he was used to driving on left hand side of the road at home and that is now old information which is making him forget that In Spain they drive on the right hand side of the road. In the definition of learning styles I said that learning styles are different ways people learn. For the frequency table I drew a table with two columns and that is all I can remember for that question. You will need 50 marks on each paper to pass according to my teacher.
U 0-24 marks
1 25-49 marks
2 50-74 marks
3 75-99 marks
4 100-119 marks
5 120-139 marks
6 140.-159 marks
7 160-179 marks
8 180-189 marks
9 190-200 marks

At the beginning of the exam, I felt that I had revised enough the day before and I should be okay in this exam. I think it was good that I had it in the week where I had the smallest number of exams.

I hope to get a 4 in Psychology. I believe this is still possible for me.

You will need 50% of the marks to get a 4. You will need 70% to get a 6 and 95% to get a 9. You will need 50 marks on each paper at least to get a 4.

I would say that is still achievable for me as long as I do well in Paper 2 as well. In fact, it might be more likely if I finish Paper 2.

Thanks and Best wishes From Michael.
Hope the grade boundaries will b low
Reply 30
I disagree with the grade boundaries you have put down completely. For the old psychology papers, to get an A* you would need to achieve around 80% in grade boundries - this essentially means that you should have a total of 160. However, looking at the old psychology papers most would consider it to be much easier(looking at question difficulty etc), as well as the fact that it is a new subject hence less resources and teacher exp. Both of these means that the boundary would be lower. On the high end of this I would say 75% per paper for a 9 - bringing a total of 145.

I'm curious to see to what magnitude the grade boundaries change for a brand new subject, so if anyone has any examples of a first year exam compared to an old one(for example 80% to 75%) with the relatively same difficulty.

I think I did okay in Psychology Paper 1 exam. I know I got at least one mark. I didn’t finish the paper as you may already know but I remember I got up to question 19.2 and I lost 19 marks out of a possible 100 so I think it is possible for me to pass but it does still depend on how Paper 2 goes.

For question 1 I put semantic and I am certain that is correct. For the second Samir question I put that he was used to driving on left hand side of the road at home and that is now old information which is making him forget that In Spain they drive on the right hand side of the road. In the definition of learning styles I said that learning styles are different ways people learn. For the frequency table I drew a table with two columns and that is all I can remember for that question. You will need 50 marks on each paper to pass according to my teacher.
U 0-24 marks
1 25-49 marks
2 50-74 marks
3 75-99 marks
4 100-119 marks
5 120-139 marks
6 140.-159 marks
7 160-179 marks
8 180-189 marks
9 190-200 marks

At the beginning of the exam, I felt that I had revised enough the day before and I should be okay in this exam. I think it was good that I had it in the week where I had the smallest number of exams.

I hope to get a 4 in Psychology. I believe this is still possible for me.

You will need 50% of the marks to get a 4. You will need 70% to get a 6 and 95% to get a 9. You will need 50 marks on each paper at least to get a 4.

I would say that is still achievable for me as long as I do well in Paper 2 as well. In fact, it might be more likely if I finish Paper 2.

Grade boundaries are not set until nearly all papers are marked, so I wouldn't sweat it. Just do your best on Paper 2. Know your Authoritatian personality from your bystander behaviour, your NVC from QVC, your frontal from your temporal, your motor from your relay and your CBT from your addiction, and you'll be fine.
A better prediction of the grade boundaries for Psychology.
U 0-30 marks
1 31-50 marks
2 51-70 marks
3 71-99 marks
4 100-114 marks
5 115-129 marks
6 130-144 marks
7 145-159 marks
8 160-174 marks
9 175-200 marks

These are better than the ones I originally said and more accurate.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Athenaxx
I left out the willingham question :frown: there's no way I'm gonna get a grade 9 now....I've let down my psychology teacher cos she had so much faith in me cos I got the highest in my year for mock but I flopped the real thing.... I always told myself that psychology was so easy so I barely revised but tbh the whole paper was fine for me except that willingham question cos it was the only bit I didn't revise... What do u think the grade boundaries r gonna be?

i had the exact same situation, i revised everything else but got willingham's theory mixed up with another learning theory. literally was the only thing i didnt revise. my teacher also is expecting me to get a high grade cuz i got the highest in my mocks.all i will say is dont worry about ur teacher's expectations. we are unfortuantely caught in a crappy education system that relies entirely on regurgitating tons of info. my teacher said (jokingly) if i dont get an 8 he'll disown me or something like that, which im pretty sure i wont now. u may be disappointed for a bit but honestly dont worry too much, dont do what i did and lie awake thinking about it. it's not worth the stress or self-loathing. cmon, us athenas will ace the next test and get a rly good grade! good luck
Is there a paper 2 one? If not, how’d everyone find it,, i definetly didnt revise enough and so I found it hardd
Original post by Loshuevosftw
Is there a paper 2 one? If not, how’d everyone find it,, i definetly didnt revise enough and so I found it hardd

Yes, there is a paper 2 one. It has just not got as many posts on it as this one. I will attach a link to the thread if you want to make a post on it. Here is the link:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5928976
(edited 4 years ago)
Here is a link to the Unofficial Mark Scheme thread for answers if you can still remember any?
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5966734
(edited 4 years ago)
What was on the paper one again I forgot ?
Original post by athenaribena
i had the exact same situation, i revised everything else but got willingham's theory mixed up with another learning theory. literally was the only thing i didnt revise. my teacher also is expecting me to get a high grade cuz i got the highest in my mocks.all i will say is dont worry about ur teacher's expectations. we are unfortuantely caught in a crappy education system that relies entirely on regurgitating tons of info. my teacher said (jokingly) if i dont get an 8 he'll disown me or something like that, which im pretty sure i wont now. u may be disappointed for a bit but honestly dont worry too much, dont do what i did and lie awake thinking about it. it's not worth the stress or self-loathing. cmon, us athenas will ace the next test and get a rly good grade! good luck

What was on paper 1 pyschology ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending