lollypopgirl123
Badges: 7
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
So, I'm currently in year 12. I am thinking of heading off to uni to study film and literature, but I'd love to do a year abroad during Uni. The issue is- studying a year abroad costs MONEY. A heck of a lot of money.. So, I'm thinking of taking a gap year after uni, just to make money for my uni escapades, maybe get some life experience before heading off to uni. Do you think this is a good idea? It means I'll be 20 when I start university (Retook year 12 due to health problems)
cheesecakelove
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by lollypopgirl123)
So, I'm currently in year 12. I am thinking of heading off to uni to study film and literature, but I'd love to do a year abroad during Uni. The issue is- studying a year abroad costs MONEY. A heck of a lot of money.. So, I'm thinking of taking a gap year after uni, just to make money for my uni escapades, maybe get some life experience before heading off to uni. Do you think this is a good idea? It means I'll be 20 when I start university (Retook year 12 due to health problems)
Do you mean a gap year before uni? It can be useful to help you gain experience, earn money and take time to consider what you want to do with your life. Studying a year abroad, you might be able to use your student loan to help with costs, but finding employment in your gap year can help with money as well as having something to put on your CV. In terms of your age, starting uni at 20 won't be a huge issue. It is common for students to take gap years or return after a years for a career change - plenty of students start uni at different ages, and 20 isn't a huge gap from students who have just finished their A-Levels.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (418)
56.56%
I don't have everything I need (321)
43.44%

Watched Threads