AQA GCSE Psychology Paper 2 8182/2 - 3 Jun 2019 [Exam Discussion]Watch
Pretty straightforward, but a few comments;
- Had we not already done qualitative vs quantitive on Paper 1?
- So glad the bee study came up! Waggle waggle...
- I couldn't think of 9 marks worth to say about peer pressure, so I threw in societal norms and family use for good measure.
- Mean, median and mode were just easy points.
- Pretty sure I messed up and gave the symptoms of depression rather than individual effects, but there is at least some cross over
- The Ashe conformity study evaluation threw me a little, as we were asked to evaluate their abridged version rather then the genuine study, which meant I couldn't mention, culture, age etc.
How did everyone else feel?
For question 1.3 I put similarity to victim and I am pretty sure that is correct. For the question on cognitive neuroscience I put that it was the scientific study of cognitive development and nerves. For the question asking for the mean I used a calculator to work it out and I got 76 as the mean. For the question on addiction I mainly talked about being addicted to alcohol but I did mention other addictions in my last paragraph. You will need 50/100 to pass. I predict the grade boundaries to be:
U 0-30 marks
1 31-50 marks
2 51-70 marks
3 71-99 marks
4 100-114 marks
5 115-129 marks
6 130-144 marks
7 145-159 marks
8 160-174 marks
9 175-200 marks
I think the grade boundaries will be similar to the grade boundaries in the old Specification. The paper was a lot easier than Paper 1 overall. At the beginning of the exam, I felt confident as I knew a lot and I had revised a lot for this.
I hope to get at least a 4 but I wouldn’t mind any higher grade. I hope I got most of the marks in Paper 1 in the questions that I did because if I didn’t I think I will fail and I don’t want to fail this.
You will need 50% to get a 4. You will also need 80% to get a 8. The paper was not too bad overall. You will need to get 100/200 to pass.
I think this is achievable for me as long as I got at least 50 out of the 81 marks that were available to me on Paper 1 and I managed to get at least 50% in Paper 2. The papers will be a lot harder next year as that is the second year I think. I hope it turns out good for all of us. Thanks and Best wishes From Michael.