AQA GCSE Psychology Paper 2 8182/2 - 3 Jun 2019 [Exam Discussion] Watch

mjhmichael18
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
What studies do you think will come up any predictions?
mjhmichael18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
(Original post by mjhmichael18)
What studies do you think will come up any predictions?
Could someone please reply on here ASAP?
jnk22
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Psychology is unpredictable cos like they study the brains yk so they probs know how we think just learn everything and it won’t be a scare in the exam
LostersUnite
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Phew. Well, I had enough time for Paper 2, unlike paper 1!

Pretty straightforward, but a few comments;

- Had we not already done qualitative vs quantitive on Paper 1?
- So glad the bee study came up! Waggle waggle...
- I couldn't think of 9 marks worth to say about peer pressure, so I threw in societal norms and family use for good measure.
- Mean, median and mode were just easy points.
- Pretty sure I messed up and gave the symptoms of depression rather than individual effects, but there is at least some cross over
- The Ashe conformity study evaluation threw me a little, as we were asked to evaluate their abridged version rather then the genuine study, which meant I couldn't mention, culture, age etc.

How did everyone else feel?
jnk22
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Topic 4 comes in both papers it’s around 30% in each paper and there are cross links for some topics like Piaget Sapir whorf for paper 1 which u could mention but that’s effort
Anakii
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Is there no Ocr psychology here?
mjhmichael18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
(Original post by Anakii)
Is there no Ocr psychology here?
You right there is no OCR Psychology threads here. You can make a few yourself but there are not any already. Thanks and Best wishes From Michael.
mjhmichael18
Rep:
?
I think I did very well as I answered in the way I thought they wanted to be answered. I had enough time for it unlike Paper 1 because it was a lot shorter. I finished the paper so all the marks that were available are still available to me.

For question 1.3 I put similarity to victim and I am pretty sure that is correct. For the question on cognitive neuroscience I put that it was the scientific study of cognitive development and nerves. For the question asking for the mean I used a calculator to work it out and I got 76 as the mean. For the question on addiction I mainly talked about being addicted to alcohol but I did mention other addictions in my last paragraph. You will need 50/100 to pass. I predict the grade boundaries to be:
U 0-30 marks
1 31-50 marks
2 51-70 marks
3 71-99 marks
4 100-114 marks
5 115-129 marks
6 130-144 marks
7 145-159 marks
8 160-174 marks
9 175-200 marks

I think the grade boundaries will be similar to the grade boundaries in the old Specification. The paper was a lot easier than Paper 1 overall. At the beginning of the exam, I felt confident as I knew a lot and I had revised a lot for this.

I hope to get at least a 4 but I wouldn’t mind any higher grade. I hope I got most of the marks in Paper 1 in the questions that I did because if I didn’t I think I will fail and I don’t want to fail this.

You will need 50% to get a 4. You will also need 80% to get a 8. The paper was not too bad overall. You will need to get 100/200 to pass.

I think this is achievable for me as long as I got at least 50 out of the 81 marks that were available to me on Paper 1 and I managed to get at least 50% in Paper 2. The papers will be a lot harder next year as that is the second year I think. I hope it turns out good for all of us. Thanks and Best wishes From Michael.
Last edited by mjhmichael18; 2 months ago
jnk22
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Even for biology the grade boundaries weren’t that high for 2018 like 150 was a 9 ur boundaries are way way off scale And the second year is always harder
LostersUnite
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Your answers sound spot on, but you're being way too rigid over grade boundaries. Firstly, you can't simply predict them, unless you have magically gauged every students' paper. They will be set near the end of the marking process and adjusted accordingly. I've known a C grade to be 35% in the past. Enjoy your summer instead!
jnk22
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Still haven’t finished exams I have like more than 14 to go
mjhmichael18
Rep:
?
Here is a link to the Unofficial Mark Scheme thread if any of you can still remember your answers.
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5981912
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

University open days

• Regent's University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Sep '19
  • Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19
  • Loughborough University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (150)
24.79%
Pop (146)
24.13%
Jazz (26)
4.3%
Classical (35)
5.79%
Hip-Hop (106)
17.52%
Electronic (42)
6.94%
Indie (100)
16.53%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise