Science topics I just don’t get: Watch

Jackgcsehelp
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
I’m going higher triple science and achieved 8+biology , 7- physics and chemistry in all paper 2s
But I suck at paper 1 tbh , I only got 5s in all of them when I did it
Anyone know anything to help me rmeneber them
Biology-
All the organisation topic (especially blood and the heart )
Monoclonal antibodies
Cells (structure and functions)
Chemistry-
Exothermic and endothermic diagrams
All the key words for bonding
Electroylosis as a whole
PhysicS-
All electricity topic
Soul Wavel3ngth
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Jackgcsehelp)
I’m going higher triple science and achieved 8+biology , 7- physics and chemistry in all paper 2s
Biology-
Monoclonal antibodies
Chemistry-
Electroylosis as a whole
PhysicS-
All electricity topic
What parts of electricity do you struggle on?
Jackgcsehelp
Rep:
?
Ohmic conductors and non ohmic conductors, national grid (step up and step down) and domestic electricity
(Original post by Soul Wavel3ngth)
What parts of electricity do you struggle on?
Angusburgerman
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
For endo- exo-diagrams:
If the products energy level is higher than the reactant's energy level, then it is endothermic as it takes in energy more than it gives out. (Endothermic reaction makes things colder as it takes in heat in the form of thermal energy for the reaction to take place)

If the Products energy level is lower than the reactant's energy level, then it is exothermic as it releases more energy than it takes in. (Exothermic reactions like combustion release heat as it releases thermal energy)

Activation energy is the energy from the reactant's level to the peak of the curve.

Overall energy change is the change in energy level from reactant's to product's.
Biology-
Monoclonal antibodies
Chemistry-
Electroylosis as a whole
PhysicS-
All electricity topic
Jackgcsehelp
Rep:
?
Thank you, is thst all you need to know ? Is there a certain way of rmenebering which one is which I know eco gives out heat cos it’s likr ‘exiting’ then endo is the other one which gains heat but how do u rmeneber like which one is when the products is lower or higher then reactants
(Original post by Angusburgerman)
For endo- exo-diagrams:
If the products energy level is higher than the reactant's energy level, then it is endothermic as it takes in energy more than it gives out. (Endothermic reaction makes things colder as it takes in heat in the form of thermal energy for the reaction to take place)

If the Products energy level is lower than the reactant's energy level, then it is exothermic as it releases more energy than it takes in. (Exothermic reactions like combustion release heat as it releases thermal energy)

Activation energy is the energy from the reactant's level to the peak of the curve.

Overall energy change is the change in energy level from reactant's to product's.
Soul Wavel3ngth
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Ohmic conductors and non ohmic conductors, national grid (step up and step down) and domestic electricity
The electricity generated by a power station gets sent to a step up transformer first. The SU transformer increases the voltage of the electric current to tens of thousands of volts in order to increase the current (Current is directly proportional to voltage). This is done so that the resistance of the transmission cable is lowered and so less energy is lost due to heat/improves energy efficiency. The current is then sent to a step down transformer where the voltage is decreased to 240 volts for domestic use and is then sent to our homes
Jackgcsehelp
Rep:
?
Thank you that was really helpful, some reason I pictured when I said in my head and now I can remember pretty well about what it is.
(Original post by Soul Wavel3ngth)
The electricity generated by a power station gets sent to a step up transformer first. The SU transformer increases the voltage of the electric current to tens of thousands of volts in order to increase the current (Current is directly proportional to voltage). This is done so that the resistance of the transmission cable is lowered and so less energy is lost due to heat/improves energy efficiency. The current is then sent to a step down transformer where the voltage is decreased to 240 volts for domestic use and is then sent to our homes
Angusburgerman
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Well if the reactants release energy in an exothermic reaction, then the energy stored in the reactants would go down as the energy is now dissipated into the surroundings. This means the product's energy level is lower as it has lost energy in the process. Endothermic is the opposite.

And yes, that should be what you need to know for reaction profiles. Remember to use keywords like: activation energy, overall energy change, reactants, products.
Thank you, is thst all you need to know ? Is there a certain way of rmenebering which one is which I know eco gives out heat cos it’s likr ‘exiting’ then endo is the other one which gains heat but how do u rmeneber like which one is when the products is lower or higher then reactants
Jackgcsehelp
Rep:
?
Ohhh!!! I get it now. Thank you so so so much
(Original post by Angusburgerman)
Well if the reactants release energy in an exothermic reaction, then the energy stored in the reactants would go down as the energy is now dissipated into the surroundings. This means the product's energy level is lower as it has lost energy in the process. Endothermic is the opposite.

And yes, that should be what you need to know for reaction profiles. Remember to use keywords like: activation energy, overall energy change, reactants, products.
Aryan3031
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
its a bit late to go through everything on this list from top to bottom in detail so I would suggest just understand what the topic is about and don't worry too much about the details once you're in the exam you'll probably be able to use common-sense which the questions that look for specific detail as long as you know which topic the question is about
Biology-
Monoclonal antibodies
Chemistry-
Electroylosis as a whole
PhysicS-
All electricity topic
Jackgcsehelp
Rep:
?
Thank you, it’s just they just don’t stick with me when someone mentions them I’m like what the hell r u on about. Which is why I can never relaly get 7-9 on paper 1 Dow it just doesn’t make sense to me
(Original post by Aryan3031)
its a bit late to go through everything on this list from top to bottom in detail so I would suggest just understand what the topic is about and don't worry too much about the details once you're in the exam you'll probably be able to use common-sense which the questions that look for specific detail as long as you know which topic the question is about
Aryan3031
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
when someone mentions them you are atomically put under pressure because they are waiting for you to answer, in the exam you will be more relaxed and so things will start coming back to you
Thank you, it’s just they just don’t stick with me when someone mentions them I’m like what the hell r u on about. Which is why I can never relaly get 7-9 on paper 1 Dow it just doesn’t make sense to me
Jackgcsehelp
Rep:
?
You’re right, some reason I know notjinh in lesson when they ask me which I’m assuming is because they r putting me under pressure but I’m exams they r like wow so u donkjow it. I think they make things too complicated when revising but it’s more logical in exams mostly maths does that
(Original post by Aryan3031)
when someone mentions them you are atomically put under pressure because they are waiting for you to answer, in the exam you will be more relaxed and so things will start coming back to you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Foundation Year Open Evening Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Jul '19
  • Regent's University London
    Psychotherapy Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 17 Jul '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 18 Jul '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (125)
19.69%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (59)
9.29%
No I am happy with my course choice (358)
56.38%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (93)
14.65%

Watched Threads