dac2001
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
On the Edexcel hisotry a level exam for the Germany paper. Can anyone help me with how to structure and include in the section B response where you have to compare either Weimar and the Nazis or FRG and the Nazis. Thank you
bmgrace
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by dac2001)
On the Edexcel hisotry a level exam for the Germany paper. Can anyone help me with how to structure and include in the section B response where you have to compare either Weimar and the Nazis or FRG and the Nazis. Thank you
Hi there, I think I do the exact same paper as you! Germany and West Germany?

It all depends on the question to be extremely honest as you’ll have different factors and comparison Qs can be different

Change or continuity
Causation - did two things happen for the same reason in different periods

It’s hard to explain without a Q, so send me one that you’re struggling with and maybe I can help more?
dac2001
Rep:
?
(Original post by bmgrace)
Hi there, I think I do the exact same paper as you! Germany and West Germany?

It all depends on the question to be extremely honest as you’ll have different factors and comparison Qs can be different

Change or continuity
Causation - did two things happen for the same reason in different periods

It’s hard to explain without a Q, so send me one that you’re struggling with and maybe I can help more?
To what extent were the cultural developments of the Weimar years suppressed by the Nazi regime?

I understand the question but I don't know how much of each topic to include and whether they go in the same paragraph or different.
bmgrace
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
To what extent were the cultural developments of the Weimar years suppressed by the Nazi regime?

I understand the question but I don't know how much of each topic to include and whether they go in the same paragraph or different.
You’re in luck! I planned this a few weeks back. I found it a bit difficult at first but I believe I split it into different areas of Culture:

Overall focus is on freedom of expression and you are looking at how much it was suppressed in the following areas:

1. Art and Literature (lots of suppression/change)
2. Architecture (area that saw little suppression/change)
3. Music and Cabaret (controversial area - saw lots of suppression/change too)

I would talk about both Weimar and Nazi in each paragraph - how things were and how and why they changed under Nazi. I would then end with a link to the Q about how big or small the change was. Repeat this x3 and then conclude with to what extent culture were suppressed on the whole and you might come to judgment of which area saw the most suppression and which saw the least and reasons for that. Consider the aims of the Nazis and Weimar too!

Hope this helps you! All the best.
dac2001
Rep:
?
(Original post by bmgrace)
You’re in luck! I planned this a few weeks back. I found it a bit difficult at first but I believe I split it into different areas of Culture:

Overall focus is on freedom of expression and you are looking at how much it was suppressed in the following areas:

1. Art and Literature (lots of suppression/change)
2. Architecture (area that saw little suppression/change)
3. Music and Cabaret (controversial area - saw lots of suppression/change too)

I would talk about both Weimar and Nazi in each paragraph - how things were and how and why they changed under Nazi. I would then end with a link to the Q about how big or small the change was. Repeat this x3 and then conclude with to what extent culture were suppressed on the whole and you might come to judgment of which area saw the most suppression and which saw the least and reasons for that. Consider the aims of the Nazis and Weimar too!

Hope this helps you! All the best.
Thank you so much. This is very helpful
bmgrace
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Thank you so much. This is very helpful
No worries - all the best. Hopefully it’s a nice exam this year. What topics are you hoping for?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (408)
52.31%
No (372)
47.69%

Watched Threads