The Student Room Group

Difference between Level 5 and Level 6 answers (R&J - AQA Exam board)

HI, I was wondering if anyone could explain to me the main difference between exam question responses of level 5 answers and level 6. currently i am stuck at the mid/upper end of a level 5 (Approximately 6+) and i am really trying my best to push up into the level 6 category (Grade 7 ) but i am struggling to understand how to do this and why my responses are not good enough.i have been told at school i need to be more "conceptualised" in my response but i cant seem to do so. Any advice ???
Original post by amaan.nadim19
HI, I was wondering if anyone could explain to me the main difference between exam question responses of level 5 answers and level 6. currently i am stuck at the mid/upper end of a level 5 (Approximately 6+) and i am really trying my best to push up into the level 6 category (Grade 7 ) but i am struggling to understand how to do this and why my responses are not good enough.i have been told at school i need to be more "conceptualised" in my response but i cant seem to do so. Any advice ???

Try weaving context in throughout your essay instead of having one block of paragraph dedicated for context. Having it weaved throughout (making sure it has a link with your point) will look and read more professionally.

Considering it’s a play to be performed, consider other elements that not many student write about e.g. staging, setting and lighting... I think writing about these specific elements allows you to access the top marks
Original post by Harry3232
Try weaving context in throughout your essay instead of having one block of paragraph dedicated for context. Having it weaved throughout (making sure it has a link with your point) will look and read more professionally.

Considering it’s a play to be performed, consider other elements that not many student write about e.g. staging, setting and lighting... I think writing about these specific elements allows you to access the top marks

Thanks for the advice! really appreciate it :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest