The Student Room Group

Is it safe two girls of 19 travelling to turkey?

Me and my friend are both 19 and thinking of going to Antalya or Marmaris in August time for a weeks break together. We are both blonde and slim with blue eyes. A few people have said that this is what the men over there love as it is rare in their country? And they can be a bit “Pervy”? This isn’t the type of holiday me and my friend want. We just want a nice hot and relaxed holiday. Anyone have any ideas ??
Original post by champagnemami1
A few people have said that this is what the men over there love as it is rare in their country? And they can be a bit “Pervy”? This isn’t the type of holiday me and my friend want. We just want a nice hot and relaxed holiday. Anyone have any ideas ??

Really??? You sound like any generic European tourists. Of course you'll find bad pennies wherever you go in the world and Turkey is no different, but the people are nice and it's no worse for you there than it would be in Spain - it's entirely safe and it's a beautiful country to go on holiday. I've been to Marmaris several times and have always come back unscathed as has everyone else. You will be absolutely fine :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by champagnemami1
Me and my friend are both 19 and thinking of going to Antalya or Marmaris in August time for a weeks break together. We are both blonde and slim with blue eyes. A few people have said that this is what the men over there love as it is rare in their country? And they can be a bit “Pervy”? This isn’t the type of holiday me and my friend want. We just want a nice hot and relaxed holiday. Anyone have any ideas ??

teenage girls traveling alone to turkey is suspicious

the last time something like this happened they ended up as ISIS brides and all over the news :tongue:
If you're in a touristy area then you're not going to run into much trouble.
Reply 4
You will be fine, they're probably really friendly other there.
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest