Library problems. Watch

username4176136
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
So, I have a question for a certain group of university students. Why whenever I go to my public library to study, is there never any available space at the desks or computers. This is not because people are busy studying, but because people leave coats and bags sprawled across tables, and then disappear for the whole day. Why do people like you exist? Are you guys so inconsiderate that you cannot even take your stuff with you when you 'disappear'?

I'm a high schooler who lives extremely far away from my school, it's in another county. My exams are in like two days and so today I decided to go to my local public library to study. I went there quite early as well. Oh my god, at every single desk and table lay books and bags and jackets and people with their heads on the tables sleeping. Some girl was using the only research computer to watch Harry Potter and was texting on her phone. I think some girl was reserving seats for other people, but she could have at least kept her stuff to her table, not spread out among all the different tables.

Tell me something. Why is it so difficult for you guys to just use your University's library? In my area, there are like five uni libraries and they are all free for anybody over 18. I cannot use them, which is why I use the public library.

Also, what is with the number of people who use reading computers to play League of Legends or Starcraft???
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Gatonolixo)
So, I have a question for a certain group of university students. Why whenever I go to my public library to study, is there never any available space at the desks or computers. This is not because people are busy studying, but because people leave coats and bags sprawled across tables, and then disappear for the whole day. Why do people like you exist? Are you guys so inconsiderate that you cannot even take your stuff with you when you 'disappear'?

I'm a high schooler who lives extremely far away from my school, it's in another county. My exams are in like two days and so today I decided to go to my local public library to study. I went there quite early as well. Oh my god, at every single desk and table lay books and bags and jackets and people with their heads on the tables sleeping. Some girl was using the only research computer to watch Harry Potter and was texting on her phone. I think some girl was reserving seats for other people, but she could have at least kept her stuff to her table, not spread out among all the different tables.

Tell me something. Why is it so difficult for you guys to just use your University's library? In my area, there are like five uni libraries and they are all free for anybody over 18. I cannot use them, which is why I use the public library.

Also, what is with the number of people who use reading computers to play League of Legends or Starcraft???
Are you claiming this is in the UK?
Are there other public libraries?
Why not just wait till someone leaves?
Why not complain to the librarian?
Why not get there earlier?
If misusing the computers then why not point this out to the librarians?
I have never seen people use library computers for League of Legends and or Starcraft, because they tend not to have graphics cards and they are limited for the time you can use them.
How do you know they are all uni students? In any event its a public library which means they can use it as well.

Get there earlier.
username4176136
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
This is the UK.
I live in a University city and so right next to the library are about three libraries that anybody over the age of 18 can use.
The thing is they have left, but they 'reserve' seats with their belongings such as coats and bags.
The library is automated, so there is only security.
I got there at opening time, and they were there I have no idea how.
Again, there are no librarians.
I don't know if it was Lol, but half the computers were being used to play games, the library got new computers in order to retain a database of scanned literature.
They are definitely uni students, in my building are about three rented flats shared by about four people each.
They can use it as well, but they are misusing it, and exploiting resources which would much better benefit other people when they could walk fourty metres and get to a much bigger uni library.

I am talking about a select group of students who do this. Not 'students' as some sort of demographic.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are cats selfish

Yes (40)
50.63%
No (39)
49.37%

Watched Threads